We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boot Hill grill and saloon --- Rory's joint

Amarillo
2 posts
Save Topic
Boot Hill grill and saloon --- Rory's joint

Well, I guess the bugs STILL are being worked out that the last post made mention of in august spoke of!! We just got back and it will probably be our last trip there. We got to Boot Hill and told the hostess our names. We only waited about 15-20 min. so that was ok so far. We were lead to our table, the wait staff was very nice and attentive-still good so far! We had looked at the menu while we were waiting to be seated so we went ahead and placed our order when we ordered our appatizers, I ordered the spinich dip with chips 11.00 my wife ordered the homestead salad 8.00. we ordered 2 teas-3.00 each-ouch! Our entrees were a Jack Ryan, a half pound burger and my wife ordered a Mcmasters burger also a half pounder. They ran 11.00 and 10.00 respectivly. Our appetizeres came out in no more than 5 min-at this point we were thinking NOT bad! Then in the time it took me to eat 1 chip and pick up another to dip it our food was there! It started going downhill fast from this point-If the idea that one has has to pay 21.00 for 2 burgers in the beef capital of the planet isn't bad enough but they were precooked!!! -a half pound chunk of ground beef cooked in under 5 min isn't possible for even the best griller walkin'!! Both of the burgers were not hot ,just warm. The fries were cut like old fashioned shoe string potato chips and were just as hard and cold. Rory still wasn't there -she was in the Bahamas takin a break we were told, I think if I was serious about getting a new business off the ground in an area where these prices are way to high I wouldn't be letting the help run the place, but that just me I guess!

Back to review-The resurant was clean and people were being taken care of, but 50+ bucks for 2 luke warm burgers and cold fries, a salad and some chip dip isn't something I'm going to go back to anytime soon. So if you just want to go somewhere to say you went to a tv cooks place, go for it! If you happen to be like me and expect food to be cooked right -even more so at east coast prices don't bother driving the 30 miles from Amarillo, there are alot better burger and rib joints in town for alot less money! BTW we stopped off at the new little resturant behind the Hawk stop-the only gas station in Bushland -a little town just west of Amarillo to get something for dessert and their stuff looks pretty good for about a third the cost!

Amarillo
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boot Hill grill and saloon --- Rory's joint

Man I really need to start proof reading my posts- My spelling abilities apparently SUCK LOL

2. Re: Boot Hill grill and saloon --- Rory's joint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vega