We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in the Woodlands?

Which The Woodlands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in the Woodlands?

I'll be attending a workshop and staying at the Woodlands Resort for a week from Jan,22. My husband and 2 1/2 year old child will be coming with me. Any suggestion on what they can do or visit when I'm busy in the Workshop? what about transport, should they use a taxi, rent a car? Is there any way of hiring a personal tour guide who can safely take them around the Woodlands or Houston?

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in the Woodlands?

The Woodlands is a very nice place, and your wife should feel safe travelling around the area.

There is a great mall, and the new Woodlands Town Center shopping area has a small childrens museum there too. It would be perfect for your child. There are 2 YMCA's if you are members.

The Woodlands may have some sort of local transportation, or perhaps even the resort where you are staying. I would check with the hotel to see what they offer.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in the Woodlands?

I was up in the Woodlands today, there is a shuttle/bus service there called the Town Center Express. Seems to go to a lot of locations.

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in the Woodlands?

to knr:

Thanks for the info. Tried to find out about the shuttle/bus service but couldn't find any online. As you've suggested, we'll probably be able to find out from the hotel.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,153 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in the Woodlands?

Zury,

Did a search for you and finally found this shuttle map.

www.town-center.com/shuttlemap.cfm It also lists the stops made

If I weren't 3 weeks from my due date, I would offer to meet up with your wife, as I have a 4 1/2 year old.

I mentioned the small childrens museum for your daughter, and I have since learned it is very small compared to the one downtown, but it should be big enough to hold a 2 1/2 year olds attention span.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Bandar Seri...
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in the Woodlands?

Thanx for the shuttle's url, it really helps. I'm hoping that it'll be a great stay too!