We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

Was wondering about location of these condos......Are they on beach, safe, clean, well taken care of......Have reservations for a condo there for month of Feb......also would like the name of some good places to eat good food reasonably priced.....and things to do and see while there.....First timers.....PT

Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

Isola Bella Condominiums is very new and I wasn't even aware of them having a rental pool. The tower is located right on the beach and looks lovely. Yes, it should be very safe and well taken care of. The adjacent property is due for demolition to build Phase II of Isola Bella.

For eating, try Blackbeard's for seafood and great burgers; Dirty Al's for good fried seafood; Sea Ranch for more expensive fare but excellent food and service; Pirate's Landing in Port Isabel for great lunches; Harborview in Port Isabel for excellent fresh seafood; Marcello's in Port Isabel for Italian; Palmetto Inn and Jess'e Cantina on the Island for great Mexican; Ted's or Grapevine Cafe for breakfasts; Padre Brewing Company for good food and designer beer...could go on and on...there's great food down here!

For stuff to do, there's shelling, horseback riding, kiteflying festival in February, birding and nature paths, turtle research and rescue center, dolphin watch boats, good fishing- bay, deep sea and surf. Mexico is a walk across in two locations for a fun day bargain hunting and eating, antiquing in Port Isabel, the Point Isabel lighthouse and three museums, an excellent golf course five miles away and of course, The Beach! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

What did you think of this place. I just made reservations at the Casa Bella hotel and some people on trip advisor said it was terrible, do you have any suggestions of where to stay?

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

Isola Bella is fairly new, and centrally located, more on the southern end of the island. Excellent beach access. I think you will be pleased with the arrangement. Ditto the restaurant ideas, but I don't think he mentioned the Cafe at the Palms motel, excellent beach side casual dining.

Casa Bella: not the same place. I believe it is across Padre Bvd. from the beach, further north. I don't know anything specifically about this place...looks better than some, worse than others. Maybe someone who has stayed here can weigh in, but you might need to post your query in it's own thread.

Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

Yes, Casa Bella is at the last set of traffic lights, on the north end of the island. It is three blocks from the beach. It is a motel. To call it a resort hotel is definitely a stretch. If you don't care about being on the beach, try the Super 8. We've had friends stay there and they thought it was fine...friendly and clean.

Linlo is right...the Palms Cafe is a delight.

5. Re: South Padre Island Isola Bella condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, August 31, 2009