We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to visit SPI

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
best time to visit SPI

I am currently visiting SPI and it seems pretty crowded and there is a large amount of seaweed on the beach (the city tries to clean it, but it is just too voluminous).

Is there a time of year that the weather is not too cold and the seaweed and crowds not so prevalent?

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
466 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to visit SPI

Between Spring Break and June should be good. Or around September, October. Weather is still warm and nice. Unless there's a hurricane in the gulf.

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to visit SPI

Great, thank you!

Bozeman, Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to visit SPI

Re: my first post, the seaweed is gone and the crowd is slightly diminished. I think that most people would find this week at the beach acceptable. I do think I will opt for the off season going forward, however.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
141 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to visit SPI

thinking of coming during Christmas - New Years time. is it warm enough for the beach?

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to visit SPI

We were there a couple of years ago between Christmas and New Years. High temps were in the mid 70's. beautiful weather! Not warm enough for me to get in the water, but many folks were enjoying it.

Amarillo TX
Level Contributor
455 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time to visit SPI

Ditto! We went a few years back over New years. Perfect weather, wonderful to sit, walk and 'up to the knees' water. But not warm enough to play in! Had a great time! Just perfect!!

Headed down in 3 weeks for mom's 85th birthday. Hope the weather holds. Mom just wants to sit with her feet in the water one more time!! (bucket list!!)

Edited: 4:29 pm, September 01, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
175 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best time to visit SPI

GSDulez- saw your advice that from Spring Break to June is nice down there. We were thinking about coming down for about 10 days starting at the beginning of march. Just wondering what the spring break atmosphere is like. We have an elementary school kiddo and a middle schooler and don't want them around lots of partying college kids. Is there a recommended, more mellow part to stay in?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best time to visit SPI

I would look for a condo building (not just the condo) that does not rent to Spring Breaker. It apears that the weekend are the worst. Also plan on doing any running around before noon.

I believe the second week is Texas week, but not sure.

9. Re: best time to visit SPI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 12, 2014