We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Aransas, North Padre, Corpus-cleanest beach?

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Port Aransas, North Padre, Corpus-cleanest beach?

I am planning a trip in October for my family (we have 2 kids-5&13). We are driving from Oklahoma to San Antonio then planning to drive to the coast for a few days at the beach. Of Port Aransas/Mustang Island, North Padre, or Corpus which has the cleanest beaches? My oldest daighter and I stayed at North Padre a few years ago and found a halfway decent beach- I believe in was within the national seashore boundaries. I really want to find a beach of at least this quality for our trip and would really like to find an even better one. We plan on getting an oceanside rental as well. We don't mind doing a little driving but don't want to go as far as South Padre. Any suggestions?

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Aransas, North Padre, Corpus-cleanest beach?

You've posted this question in the South Padre forum. South Padre is the nicest beach but it is the farthest away (another three hours from CC) Conditions along North Padre to Port Aransas are pretty much the same. Some folks like the relative quietness of the National Park beach. A lot like the vibe at Port A. The CC beaches on bay are the least favorable.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Aransas, North Padre, Corpus-cleanest beach?

The water and beaches are all about the same. Corpus Christi beaches are not on the open Gulf so there is little wave action but they are the best maintained and cleanest. Port Aransas beaches are more "happenning" with access to a lot of beach activities. North Padre, especially in the National Seahore will be the quietest and least populated. Take your pick. Each has its own plusses and minuses.

Read the Top Questions for more beach nformation.

3. Re: Port Aransas, North Padre, Corpus-cleanest beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 09, 2014