We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest hotel on SPI?

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Woodlands, Texas
Level Contributor
58 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest hotel on SPI?

What Hotel or Condo type place is the nicest on SPI? Looking for something 4 or 5 star? Does one exist? I seem to remember a place when I was younger, Bridgepoint or something?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
267 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest hotel on SPI?

Honestly, there are no 5 star hotels on Padre….and a 4 star would be a stretch.

Bridgepoint is a nice condo complex, and condos are almost always the way to go in SPI. If you are determined to lodge at a hotel then I would look at the Hilton Garden Inn, The Pearl, or the Isla Grande. Otherwise, look for a condo.

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
808 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest hotel on SPI?

Bridgepoint is still there, and in my opinion still the best place to stay on the island. The Sapphire is the newest condo highrise, right next door to Bridgepoint. It is lovely, but the rooms are a little small and boxy.

You will have to contact Bridgepoint directly to rent a condo. They don't list on VRBO or Homeaway. The outdoor Palapa has recently been redone and expanded with more tables and chairs for outdoor dining plus large bathrooms so you don't have to schlep all the way back to the main building if nature calls. 2.3, or 4 bedroom condos are available for rent, and many have been updated. If you go the the website, Bridgepointresort.com, there are many pictures of the interiors of some of the rentals. Good luck!

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest hotel on SPI?

The Hilton Garden Inn Beach Hotel has won the TripAdvisor Excellence award the last three 3 years running. I would definitely check them out. The La Copa is also outstanding with it's great complimentary breakfast with the omelette station , big rooms and on the beach.

The La Quinta is no push-over either - it's the place to be if you are looking for music/food/beach and partying - it's next to the biggest beach bar in Texas - Clayton's

4. Re: Nicest hotel on SPI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 02, 2014