We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back May27-report

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington,Tx
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back May27-report

Beach is clean, no tar, no jellyfish

Great weather, great restaurants. We liked Blackbeards best, fast service, good food. We tried B&A as reported here, it was closed?

In the 7 days we were there, between airport and on island, we probably saw 25-30 highway patrol or city police-DRIVE the speed limit!!!!! Every single day we saw at least 7 police cars. This is not a bad thing, just obey the laws.

I heard two kids trying to buy beer-did not succeed. They even checked the ID of my 27 yr old son at the restaurant.

Try the Italian Ice Cream (two places) excellent.

Gas is cheaper than Dallas area, even on island.

We bought shrimp at Port Isabel and boiled it at condo, delish!

My husband/son/son in law went deep sea fishing, caught a few, we all went parasailing-$20 cheaper if you go before noon-fun, all just to right of bridge when you come over. post if you have questions.

dallas
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back May27-report

Hey we are planning our 2nd trip to SPI for July. We stayed at TIKI last year. Liked it...had minor issues. But we are interested in trying a new place...where did you stay? What was your experience? Thanks!

St. Martinville...
Level Contributor
85 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back May27-report

Thanks for your report. Questions, how much was the parasailing? What was the name of the place? Did you do anymore water sports? Is the beach lively? I am staying at the Dolphin Condos, right across the street from Suntide III. Do you know this area? Thanks!

Arlington,Tx
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back May27-report

We stayed at Seabreeze I and loved it, but it is a family oriented place, so it depends on what you are looking for. Many condos have similar names, so careful when you are reading reviews.

Beach was almost completely empty, but remember we were there the week BEFORE Memorial Day, things were definitely picking up as we were leaving. We chose that week on purpose, we were there with adult children and one year old grandchild, so we were looking for rest/no crowds.

Parasailing was at the Kelley Rhea. It is $60 for two people if you go before noon, I think it is $80 if you go after lunch..but you can get a $10 coupon for after lunch at the Visitor Center. You don't even get wet, great fun, well worth it (and I'm 56 yrs old and afraid of heights-ha).

4. Re: Just got back May27-report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 14, 2009