We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! Need last minute restaurant advice.....

Houston, TX
12 posts
Save Topic
HELP!!! Need last minute restaurant advice.....

Ok Padre experts.....I've never been in your neck of the woods....and I am attending a bachelorette party this coming weekend in South Padre Island, and I was just delegated the responsibility of getting a dinner reservation for THIRTEEN ladies on Saturday! Any suggestions of a great place for us??? A private dining room might be good....someone recommended Blackbeards...what do you think about that? I was hoping for a fun, but classy place, maybe like 10-15 dollar entrees...good drinks, nice atmosphere. THANKS!!!!!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! Need last minute restaurant advice.....

Classy? That might be a little hard to come by. The most upscale place is De Luna's Bayside Grill on the bay side. Google it and you can see the menu; it may be more expensive than you want to pay. It's very nice, tho. I would also suggest the Sea Ranch Restaurant. It is also a little nicer than the other watering holes. Scampi's used to be nice, but the food the last few years has been so inconsistent I hate to recommend it. Blackbeards is fine, but it's noisy and always really busy. There is a new place, Pelican Station, that is in Port Isabel right at the bridge. It looks nice, but I haven't eaten there. Maybe someone else can give some feedback on that place. I would just call some of these places and see what they have to offer.

Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! Need last minute restaurant advice.....

I agree that the Sea Ranch would be a good place to try. They have an upstairs area for private parties which has a fabulous view. Phone and check on reserving it-entrees generally range from $14 to $18 and, in fifteen yrs. we've never had a bad meal there or bad service. We ate at Pelican Station two or three times last winter and were not impressed by the food. However, the place is attractive and the service was good.

Houston, TX
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! Need last minute restaurant advice.....

THANKS!!!! Great advice!

4. Re: HELP!!! Need last minute restaurant advice.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 12, 2009