We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padre Island Vacation - 1st time

Cuba, MO
1 post
Save Topic
Padre Island Vacation - 1st time

I will be arriving on May 30 and staying through June 3, 2006. I will have 2 daughters 13 and 16 with me. Any advice on restaurants?? I have seen many different opinion on the Holiday Inn Sunspree. Any expert opinions?? Also, can we take a day trip into Mexico without having passports??? If so, what kind of ID do we need?

oklahoma
6 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Padre Island Vacation - 1st time

I've taken my family with 2 young children to Mexico the last two times we've been to S. Padre and had a great time. We didn't go far into the city, just a few tourist area blocks and had a great time. We did take birth certificates for our children and didn't have any trouble getting back into the US. It's a great experience that my daughter is looking forward to on our trip this year.

KY
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Padre Island Vacation - 1st time

You can still go into Mexico from the US with birth certifcates/photo id, until Dec. 21, 2006. Minors have to have written notarized permission from the other parent if only one is taking them into Mexico. Birth certificates must be what they call "raised seal"..but this really just means it has to be a certified copy that you obtain from a govt. agency..not all will have raised seals any longer. The kids will also need photo id, we got ours at the same office that issues drivers licenses. If they have a school id that has their photo this will do as well.