We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

Central Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

Going down for the 4th of July. Anyone have

an honest report on this facility? We're looking for comfortable, nice beach, things to do with the family. Help!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

This place (Bahia Mar) seems to have mixed reviews. Read whatever is posted on this site about it, and also on spireviews.com. I haven't stayed here in about 25 years, so my comments would not be relevant. But, it is an older facility... However, they are probably individualy owned condos and some will be more up to date than others. If you are locked into this place, I would call the main desk and request a more up to date unit.

The beach anywhere on the island is the same beach...there is really no difference where you are as far as that is concerned.

What are the ages of the family? Can give better ideas based on ages...

Central Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

Thanks linlo!

The kids are 5,7,12

I had went to another site that you could rent the condos there instead of going through Bahia's webpage. The pictures that they provided had them look pretty up to date. I specifically locked in on a 2bd2bth

w/4 queen beds. It sounded, when I called there front desk to reserve, like they will put me in a 1st floor condo with 4 queen beds that are available at check in. I wish I could actually reserve a condo# that I can actually get pictures for.

pvilledad

Philly
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

Stayed there last year. This place is pretty old and run down. There was an ant infestation problem as well.

I would recommend you look into a private condo. Go to one of the vacation rental by owner sites and you will find tons of condos available

Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

We've stayed there a couple of times, the last time it seemed that they'd really gone downhill as far as maintenance. It was hard to get hold of the front desk, and when we did, they didn't seem to care that we were having problems. Our phone did not work, which was not acceptable since we had kids back home we needed to be able to contact, and it took a whole lot of persuading to get them to move us to a condo with a working phone. Overall, it was much more run-down than it used to be.

I would strongly recommend that you look into other condos.

We've had good experiences at the Suntide III (they have a website) and have stayed there the last couple of times. Also, the Embassy is nice (book through a rental management company). We didn't like the Aquarius much, also pretty run-down.

harrisburg, pa
Level Contributor
158 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

You might want to check out the Tiki Condos - it is on the northern part of the Island - has two pools. Have stayed there several times and found it to be a nice place. These days I stay at Seabreeze I (not Seabreeze Resort-although I hear that is good. Seabreeze I is not geared to families w/children.

Good luck and enjoy!

Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Mar 2bedroom 2 bath condos? THUMBS UP/DOWN

I'd also recommend the Tiki condos. I just got back from a week vacation there a couple of weeks ago. The whole complex seem to be well maintained and clean. The unit that I stayed in was very clean, well furnished, and daily maid service with plenty of towels.

It's on the northern end of the developed area on the island, but you can easily walk or drive to restaurants\shops...i believe that the developed area of the island, from the Tiki to the causeway, is only around 4 miles, so it doesn't take any time to go from one place to another.