We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Weekend (late June)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
101 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Long Weekend (late June)

Hello ---

My wife and I are exploring options for a long beach weekend sometime during late June. We thought about South Padre as we've never been and have heard great things. Does anyone know of hotel pools in South Padre that allow topless sunbathing? Or anywhere in South Padre where they have clothing optional beaches?

Thanks!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Weekend (late June)

I am also planning a trip to SPI and have read everything I can find. No where have I read anything about optional clothing beaches. From what I can see, besides Spring Break, Padre Island is filled with many familes. So if topless is what you are looking for, I am afraid you will be disappointed.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Weekend (late June)

There is a clothing optional beach way out of town somewhere where you won't get bothered. I think you can find the exact location if you google it. Sorry, you will have to stay clothed if you are in the city limits. South Padre is still in the United States....

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
276 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Weekend (late June)

Yep, I believe linlo is correct. I have never been there myself and cant tell you exactly where it is, but I think it is north of SPI. Other than that, keep your swimsuit on! if you go nakkie, dont skip a spot with the sunscreen! If your bee-hind gets burnt, you may not be able to sit for a few days. This is NOT a joke either. I might say it in tongue and cheek, but the summer sun in South Texas is beyong brutle!!!!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
275 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Weekend (late June)

There was a marker (painted log) that said “Nude Beach” a while back, but it has since been beaten up by the sand and weather and more/less gone. It was about 5 miles or so north from the entrance to where you can drive onto the beach. We drive there occasionally to hunt for shells and to explore the dunes, but we’ve never seen any nudity...mostly the occasional fisherman and people looking to get away from the crowds. If anything, there are certainly spaces you could do your thing as there are few cars and people out there, and you could easily find a secluded spot in the dunes. Specifically, I don’t think SPI has an ordinance against it, and it is not illegal according to state law (exposure of genitals or anus is illegal but not breasts), but with the exception of Spring Break, it’s not typical.

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Weekend (late June)

The wife and I went to SPI last June and spent every day on the beach about 10 miles north of the last entrance. We were nude the whole time and when the occasional vehicle passed I would just sit in the chair and the wife would throw on a t-shirt in case some kids were in the vehicle passing by. We were on the beach there for four days and each day at least one vehicle would stop near us and they would get nude themselves. This was all during the week so I don't know how crowded it gets on weekends. We will be back this year for sure because this seems to be a safe place to enjoy the beach as we like.

6. Re: Long Weekend (late June)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 22, 2014