We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

Welland, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

Hi!

My husband and I will be in spi the first week of May. We will be bringing our 3 year old. What we're looking for is a 2 bedroom condo/hotel/etc that has the best ocean view with a balcony OFF of the master bedroom. Beach access is important, as we will be dragging all of our beach stuff and a three year old there everyday. I also would like access to a pool, incase the ocean is too cold to swim in. I am reading such varying reviews and most are very old. Can anyone please recommend a few different places that I should check out that have nice clean rooms? Price does come into play.. I am trying to stick under $200 a night. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you could give. :)

Tonganoxie
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

I have been checking also, tough to find anything under $200. The best place I've found is www.vrbo.com very good site for condos. Good luck finding a place for your price range because I haven't and am probably going to go to LaQuinta on the island instead. Everybody has that crazy 14.5% tax base and at least a $49 cleaning fee. Hey if you find something let me know mbotkin@sunflower.com

Ft. Worth, TX
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

I'll throw in my two cents. We are going first week of May as well, for the first time. Got a great deal on a condo with Patrick at rentonpadre.com. 4bed 4bath $1247 for 7 nights, and that's even incl taxes and fees. They call it a condo, but it's more like a house, not a high rise building. Not directly on the beach, so the view ain't much, but the location is great. Gated community, very short walk to the pool and beach, no busy roads to cross or anything.

We have also been to Port Aransas several times and have learned to call or email and ask for specials, especially from places where you have stayed before. They like repeat business and May is not a busy time at all, so I've got to believe you can find a good deal if you do some leg work. Most condos seem to be professionally managed by agents who represent several properties. Tell them you saw something you particularly liked online but are open to suggestions. There will surely be some "unadvertised" deal to be made if they can get you to sign.

That's how we got ours - asked about a specific unit because the rate schedule was not very clear on VRBO. Turns out that unit was unavailable, but they had another property not even listed on VRBO that they could make a deal on. Most in that neighborhood appeared to be listed for $2K.

Bottom line is, they know the competition is fierce in the low months and that you'll keep shopping if needed. Be a little bold, don't be scared to ask for discounts or specials. I'll be shocked if you can't also find something nice for $200 a night. Maybe not the very highest end, but surely something clean and comfortable and safe and up to my wife's admittedly snobby standards for interior furnishings, etc.

It pays to spend time on the phone instead of relying on the internet to do all your research and booking. This is a bigger decision than a common hotel room for a couple nights, and no price is set in stone when occupancy is low.

Welland, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

Thank you for the advice. I will keep pluggin' away and see what I can come up with.

and I'm similar to your wife with my snobby interior decorating standards as well.:)

4. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, March 22, 2011
Tonganoxie
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

I agree appears to be a really nice place. But the $180 is for off peak season and $300 during peak. Very tough for us budget minded single families.

6. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, March 22, 2011
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

Hi Susan. I too an looking for a condo and checked out yours. I am looking for four or five nights starting July 9th, 10th, or 11th. Would the rate remain $180? If so, I would like to book this. (clark5312@sbcglobal.net)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

Please disregard my previous posting. I had not read the entire thread...$300 per night is also out of my family's budget. Thanks.

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

I rented a condo from vacationrentals.com. Since I wanted to stay for 1 month I wanted more then a hotel room. Check out #48100 I got this effeciency for $1,000 for 30 days. Also if you rent for 30 days you do not have to pay 14% occupancy tax. I found this was the best place to find nice places owned by individuals. Hope this helps.

10. Re: Best condo to rent..best view with balcony off bedroom?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 19, 2012