We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring break refuge for couple

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Spring break refuge for couple

My wife and I really want to go to a beach/pool resort/hotel. Mid-March is the only time we can go. Is there any place on South Padre that will not be full of college kids. No aversion to parties, etc, but looking for an older crowd. Any help would be appreciated.

homesweetspi
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring break refuge for couple

Only one place comes to mind that I don't think takes Breakers...the Palms Resort. It's small, has a pool, restaurant/bar and is right on the beach. Any of the large resort-type full-amenity hotels will be filled with students that time of March. Before that and a week or two after, not so much anymore. I believe March 12th is the start of Spring Break for most Texas colleges and several others and that is "prime time". You might call the South Padre Island Visitors Bureau at (956)761-6433 and ask for some places which don't accept Breakers. I know there are some more.

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
133 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring break refuge for couple

the Embassy or Edgewater condos are non Spring Break property. We stayed at the Embassy last year with our pre-school grandchildren. It was quiet and not crowded at the condo and on the beach.. Most people staying there are Winter Texans, 50+ on up. check pirentals.com/properties/beach-front-propert… for more info.

T

3. Re: Spring break refuge for couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:07 am, February 03, 2012
Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island