We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,825 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

Any suggestions on which of these two choices is best of a December stay in Padre? Holiday Inn looks nicer and newer (and a little more resonable on price) while La Quinta appears to be almost right on the beach, as opposed to the Holiday Inn.

Right now I'm leaning to the HI. Looks like it is walking distance to the beach. Not very many reviews on the Holiday Inn (currently 2) while the La Quinta reviews (about 48) range from very good to average.

Any feedback especially recent stays by anyone at these locations would greatly be appreciated! Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

Skunker- any advise would be great. Since we are a little older than the average Spring Breaker, I would like the names of a few clubs that maybe cater to an older crowd (say 25+). They do not have to be huge dance clubs, just a nice place to sit, have drinks, maybe dance, and meet people.

caddyshackman- I'll try to behave, but the kid in me might just come out (lol).

Good news- I called the LaQuinta, and they told me I didn't have to pay the $200 damage deposit. I guess being older does pay off. I don't know whether to be offended or grateful...

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

Texas Teacher--you better reserve your spot asap if you plan to stay in March. That is spring break season and there are gonna be tons of college students looking for rooms.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

I already made reservations, just in case. We can always cancel if needed.

Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about South Padre Island