We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

Any suggestions on which of these two choices is best of a December stay in Padre? Holiday Inn looks nicer and newer (and a little more resonable on price) while La Quinta appears to be almost right on the beach, as opposed to the Holiday Inn.

Right now I'm leaning to the HI. Looks like it is walking distance to the beach. Not very many reviews on the Holiday Inn (currently 2) while the La Quinta reviews (about 48) range from very good to average.

Any feedback especially recent stays by anyone at these locations would greatly be appreciated! Thanks.

Oklahoma City...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express VS La Quinta

time in South Padre Island. As I could see it in the picture from expedia.com, La Quinta is a beach front hotel, its in the North side of the South Padre Island and seems far from the downtown. Its right in Bowie If I am right, Holiday Inn is the South side, nearer downtown.

You can have a look of South Padre Island in goggle earth. Download it. Part of the South Padre Island where La Quinta is in a satellite image whereas below that is an aerial photos. You can see the houses, pools, etc.

Look for the Christmas on the Beach special deals offered by several hotels in South Padre Island. La Quinta's deal offers free dinner for four free with 3 days stay ($199).