We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Cruise

OHIO
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Dinner Cruise

My wife and I are visiting spi w/some friends in Sept. My friends mentioned trying a sunset dinner cruise. My is concerned about the sea sickness + dinner combo. I say they would have to take you somewhere calm and relaxed, but I really have no experience w/such things, so could anyone give me any advice if you have done this?

Thanx

homesweetspi
Level Contributor
404 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Cruise

I think there used to be a catamaran that could be reserved from Scampi's Restaurant that did a private dinner cruise. You do not go out on the Gulf, but on the bay side so it would definitely be calmer. Have no idea of price or if they still do it. You could call them and see...(956)761-1755. It would be lovely!

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Cruise

No sea sickness, it is a large stable catamaran and it's a very leisure and smooth sail. Dinner is informal but nice and confortable. Go to www.sailspi.com

Rhonda

OHIO
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Cruise

thnx for the info. i just found out that the dinner cruise is only avail. in the summer, so our friends found a guided waverunner tour. sounds like you go around the bay, see dolphins, shrimp boats, a spooky ship(wtf?) and so on. does anyone know anything about this action?

4. Re: Dinner Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 06, 2009