We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Howard Johnson Express Inn - South Padre Island Resort

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
1 post
Save Topic
Howard Johnson Express Inn - South Padre Island Resort

How is this for a hotel? Is it ok? We are going to be in South Padre for wedding next April and I was looking for any advice. We have friends staying at the Sheraton, but I don't want to pay the BIG rates...just looking for a clean nice hotel within walking distance to the beach. Any & all suggestions welcome

Thanks

South Padre Island...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Howard Johnson Express Inn - South Padre Island Resort

Haven't stayed at this hotel - but it's not very close to the beach. It is close to Palm Street Pier - which is possibly the best thing going for it. From the HoJo, you have to walk 2 blocks to the beach - & cross Padre Blvd.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Howard Johnson Express Inn - South Padre Island Resort

The HoJo was OK. It is on the bay side of the island, so You have to cross the street and its a pretty long walk to the beach. The prices are OK. Hubby and I have found that renting a condo is cheaper. Try www.pirentals.com for condo/house rentals. there are other websites that also offer house/condo rentals, this is the one we went with. La Copa Inn is directly on the beach and we found it to be better than the HoJo. Just depending on what you want to spend per night.

3. Re: Howard Johnson Express Inn - South Padre Island Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 06, 2009