We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest hotel? South Padre

arkansas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest hotel? South Padre

could anyone tell me which hotel is nicer..the Raddison or the Sheraton? I am bringing my family and in laws and they will be inside a lot more than my kids. Looking for up front beach location with good food and drinks and nice accomadations. Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest hotel? South Padre

Can't speak for the Sheraton, but we've enjoyed the Radisson in the past. The rooms are decent and the pool is quite nice (but with the beach, why do you need a pool?) They have some cabanas that are essentially suites that have direct access to the beach and bars. What we like is that when you put the kids down, you can sit at the balcony and get beverages from the "Whiskey Shack" bar. In addition, the hotel has a pretty decent restaurant (for a hotel), that is terribly convenient when b'fast/dinner plans get to be a hassle. They also have the ubiquitous generic pseudo-Buffet at the bar outside. It's lame, but fun. All in all, it's the place we prefer. Avoid the Holiday inn; it really isn't on the beach. If you want to be left alone, try The Tiki on the far north end. It's old, but it has full kitchens.

Missouri
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest hotel? South Padre

With a family and in-laws, you need a condo. Saida Towers is the location of choice. Quick meals can be prepared in the kitchen or walk next door to the Radison or a brief 2 blocks to the Sheraton. Spacious and very family friendly with 3 pools, 3 hottubs, and tennis courts. 24 hour security with gated access. Exceptional choice.