We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Weekend 2007

Which South Padre Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
1 post
Save Topic
Memorial Day Weekend 2007

Hi,

I'm a 23 yr old guy from NJ and I'm thinking about coming down to SPI on Wed or Thu night for Memorial Day Weekend with a couple of friends that have a condo there. Is SPI a popular spot at that time of year? What is the demographic like during that weekend? Is there a spring break feel to it? What are the ages of the people that would be down there? I'm hoping that there will be a pretty good party atmosphere. I just got back from Acapulco and can't wait to party it up somewhere else.

I'd really appreciate some truthful insight. Thanks.

Arlington, Texas
Destination Expert
for South Padre Island
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2007

Ummmm, yes, SPI will be popular at this time of year, but there will be more of a family atmosphere since schools will be getting out for the summer. Of course, there will be younger folks there, too, but it won't be the crazy scene it is at spring break. There will be a lot of people there from the valley area taking advantage of the holiday weekend.

Edinburg, Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2007

As linlo stated, the party/spring break atmosphere will be considerably less over that weekend than it is at the moment. Also correct in that a lot of locals will be on hand, and most locals have families with kids.

However, it's still the island, and there's always a party to be found somewhere. It will also be jam-packed with people. I'm sure you can find something that suits your interests.

3. Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, August 28, 2009