We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

difference

Hewitt, Texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
difference

which is better staying on the North end or the South? We have always stayed on the North end..

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
809 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: difference

I prefer the south end b/c it's closer to the causeway if you want to cross, and to the jetties if you want to walk down there. Also, our favorite restaurants are more on the southern end.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
277 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: difference

We prefer the north end because it’s less crowded and has a more relaxed feel. We’ve stayed at the Seagull and Seascape Condos and liked them both. We’ve also stayed at the Radisson, but felt that gets a bit crowded. That said, there isn’t a huge difference and nothing, as you know, is much of a drive. I’d probably make my selection more on the place I wanted to stay.

Enjoy.

Edinburg, Texas
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: difference

I agree with the previous poster. It's pretty much a personal preference thing. If you're young (or feel it), and love to hit the clubs, you almost have to stay south. Definitely quieter and more relaxed to the north.

4. Re: difference

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, August 17, 2009