We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hideout on the Horseshoe in San Marcos, Texas

Which San Marcos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hideout on the Horseshoe in San Marcos, Texas

My family and I stayed at the Hideout on the Horseshoe from June 9-11,2006 for a weekend at the Guadalupe River and other San Marcos fun spots. This new resort/cabins are absolutely breathtaking and has the most gorgeous view to the river and the hill country. However, with the nice rooms and beautiful views come with the negatives. First of all, there are no plates, utensils, or daily housekeeping and NO PHONES! If you want to call for towels, blankets or what suits your fancy, you must use your cell phone and expect to wait a while once you actually reach someone to get the needed items. While we were there, there was some rowdy young kids that kept us up ALL night. Our back patio joined with 2 other cabins and there really was no privacy. We did use one of the bar-b-que pits that they had as it seemed that others wanted it too. So if you have one, bring it. They offer a free food buffet and live music on Saturdays and that was ok. The resort does have a shuttle that will pick you up and take you to the river and give you tubes-of course for a fee, but the free service was nice.The food line was huge and a little slow as they only had 2 people working the food line. Music was a 1 man show. It was good though. Country of course, your in Texas!

Our room was a loft and I must say the stairs were quite steep! I almost fell myself. If you have back problems or just a little slow to step, do not get this room. Our cabin was pretty and fairly new. The new wood smell is still there . All in all, I would go again to San Marcos, but would skip the fancy cabin for a more family friendlyplace to save me some headaches. For the price of the place I was just expecting some basic housekeeping- like clean towels and coffee supplies. I give to 3 ***

Austin
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hideout on the Horseshoe in San Marcos, Texas

My family and I also stayed at the HIdeout on the Horseshoe and had a great time, we check out their website before we went and were prepared by bringing our own plates, utensils. We had a gas grill located directly in front of our cabin and used it several times over the weekend.

The staff was great! One of the ladies even offered to babysit for us!! Of course we declined, but it was a nice gesture!

I WILL defintely go there for many years to come!

I think their website is: www.stayandfloat.com

New Braunfels, Texas
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hideout on the Horseshoe in San Marcos, Texas

The Hideout on the Horseshoe is actually closer to New Braunfels (near Canyon Lake) than it is to San Marcos.

Lumberton, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hideout on the Horseshoe in San Marcos, Texas

I agree with the negatives highlighted by ang2ely for the Hideout on the Horseshoe. All I can say is that Rino2K4 and PattyAman must have some financial interest in the Hideout because it is not great or worth the money.

4. Re: Hideout on the Horseshoe in San Marcos, Texas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos