We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

Which San Marcos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

Is there any reasonable priced transportation to take from Austin Airport to san Marcos? And vice versa??

I am trying to coordinate transportation and there doesn't seem to be much offered.....I am getting $100 one way for taxi or shuttle... seems excessive....

Anyone have any ideas? Renting a car is not an option --

5 replies to this topic
San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

You might contact your lodging in San Marcos for Ideas. They might be able to arrange something a little cheaper.

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

depending on your timing there is now a bus system in place. you would have to catch the www.capmetro.org bus int austin and then catch the www.ridecarts.com/service-to/san-marcos carts bus to san marcos. also there is a cheaper bob cat tram interurban that has less service at http://www.tram.txstate.edu/BTI.html .

This is the best we have so far. other than that there's the greyhound and the amtrac, but i never ride those.

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

Super Shuttle 1-800- BLUE VAN $38-$45 round trip depending on location in San Marcos if booked by phone.

$34-$41 if booked online.

4. Re: Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:37 pm, October 02, 2015

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos

Hi Ortizfan,

All the options offered in the other responses are great suggestions. One I would like to add is that Uber is available in Austin and San Marcos. I just ran a trip estimate and looks like right now at this moment it would run around $50 for a one way trip to San Marcos. Lyft is also available to San Marcos as well. For the most part we see many travelers using Super Shuttle to get to our City. I hope this helps and thank you for visiting San Marcos. If there is anything you need please feel free to give us a call at (512) 393-5930 or you may visit our website www.toursanmarcos.com

Thank you,

Clancy Hardin

Destination Events Manager

San Marcos Convention and Visitor Bureau

Edited: 11:00 am, October 07, 2015
Reply to: Transportation from Austin Airport to San Marcos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos