We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay near TX State

Houston area
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay near TX State

We're coming into town to tour campus and want to stay somewhere nearby the night we get into town. What is a safe clean hotel nearby?

Thanks!

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay near TX State

there are several on I35 as you get to town. some are a little run down so stay with a newer, well know chain. I can't think of the names right now.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay near TX State

I grew up in SM, and I would recommend the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn off the Hwy. 123 exit. They are both right on IH-35 and close to campus and gas stations, restaurants, etc. Our guests for our wedding stayed at these places (in 2004) and said they were just fine.

If you're looking to stay off the beaten path, try the Crystal River Inn (http://www.crystalriverinn.com/) -- it's in town and is very charming. I've never stayed b/c I'm local, but have been to events there and it's very nice.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you. I've called myself a San Marcos girl since I was 7 years old.

dallas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay near TX State

I am trying to find a place to stay during my child's campus tour. The only that I can tell you for sure is to avoid Comfort Inn. The service and room that we stayed in on our last trip down, a couple of months ago, was very bad. I complained to the front desk only to

get yelled at. Then I complained to the corp, office, giving them my cell ph#. I received a call from the manager at Comfort Inn San Marcos ,who was contacted by Customer Service, and he yelled at me for reporting problems w/ his motel. I was never offered more than a "sorry" for all of the trouble. The 100% satisfaction guarn. is a joke!

4. Re: where to stay near TX State

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Marcos