We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

Which Salado hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
1 post
Save Topic
I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

The title of this topic says it all.

I worked as a busboy at the Stagecoach Inn for three years while attending high school.

Lets just say I plan on writing a novel on the place.

For any person who plans on visiting Salado, whether the purpose be for tourism or shopping, please avoid the dining room at all means necessary. Why you ask. I've listed some of the following reasons below:

- The place is infested with rats. Several times while working in the

dining room, rats would scurry across the floors while customers were eating.

- They served rotten shrimp in the shrimp cocktail to a party of 100. Their reasoning: "We ran out of fresh shrimp." The smell was awful, and you could tell that the customers knew the shrimp was rotten. I remember when carrying the trays back, nobodt had touched their shrimp cocktail.

- On several incidents I saw meat dropped on the floor and picked back up and put in the deep fryer for the Chicken Fried Steak.

- Most of the waitresses are too old to get around and rely too much on the busboys to do their work for them.

Overall the dining room is really a unsanitary place to eat at. I would reccomend dining at the coffee shop on the property; its a much cleaner atmosphere, trust me.

If you have any other questions, just reply.

Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

No the coffee shop is just as bad.

Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

How much do they charge for the "Chicken Fried Rat" dinner?

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

Yuumm Chicken Fried Rat!

Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

If the restaurant was so bad, why did you work there for three years. Sounds like you you have an ax to grind.

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

Obviously a disgruntled former employee. County health officials would not allow a restaurant to be run like this.

6. Re: I was a busboy @ the Stagecoach Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Salado
More Salado Topics