We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

Which Rockport hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

This will be our first visit to the area .... would you recommend house on canal in Harbor Oaks or one on the beach in Port Aransas (limited view)....we like to bike ride, eat out, explore, take art classes, walk. Thanks for your help. Have to make a decision by tomorrow!!!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

Okay, Bloomington, my Aunt & Uncle have lived in Rockport since the 1960's (they owned a home and managed cabins there), and we have been vacationing there, and in Port Aransas all my life. (I'm 36.) Rockport has changed dramatically since then, as has Port A, but I now choose Port A every year for my own family vacation. (I now have little ones). Rockport and Port A are both special, but from what you describe, I would choose Port A. And since they are so near, you can stay in Port A and drive over to Rockport for the afternoon. Hope this helps... If you have any further questions, would be happy to help. :)

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

Thanks so much for your help!

Rockport TX
Level Contributor
88 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

I choose Key Allegro/Harbor Oaks in Rockport .

They both connect in "Little Bay" which is the centerpiece of Rockport. Rockport has always been an art and artist haven. Port Aransas is fun for the day, but it is extremely touristy. Rockport has what you want, we moved here several years ago for most of the reasons you mentioned. The Bicycle shop in Rockport is called Yikes Bikes, it is great. The artists are wonderful, restaurants are fantastic, and it is very much like the Florida Keys, very laid back. Most of the homes in Key Allegro/Harbor Oaks in Rockport are weekend homes for San Antonio, Austin , Houston and Dallas families. They rent them out when they are not using them.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

I know the OP has already traveled, but just for future reference, I feel I must add:

Although I hate to disagree, Port Aransas is a diverse, naturally developing community of locals and tourists, while the area you're referring to in Rockport is a master-planned development. I have been traveling to both for my entire life. I prefer the simple, laid-back "reality" of Port A. Of course, it depends on what your looking for in a vacation.

belletxwm
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

for future reference....we have had it at rockport and there snobby/rude attitude we will be going back to port aransas.

the people are more friendly at port aransas

Rockport, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

snobby? Rude? Please explain..

7. Re: Key Allegro vs Port Aransas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rockport