We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gaia vs Tulamer vs Arenas del Mar Hotel in Manuel Antonio

baltimore
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Gaia vs Tulamer vs Arenas del Mar Hotel in Manuel Antonio

We are planning a trip to Costa Rica the first week of May. The first 4 nights we are staying at the Nayara. The next 4 nights we are struggling with. It's our 30th anniversary so we want this part of our trip to be more romantic and special. We are considering the delux room at the Gaia, the Upper Sasa at the Tulamer, or the Arenas del Mar. The Gaia is the most expensive but we want quiet, excellent restaurant with room service, and great views.

One more thing, anyone know if we will need more than a light weight warm up suit for evenings in either Arenal or MA at this time of year?

2 replies to this topic
Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gaia vs Tulamer vs Arenas del Mar Hotel in Manuel Antonio

You've posted on a Texas forum. Better try again. To the Texas TA'ers, I tried to get the Post forum removed to no avail.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gaia vs Tulamer vs Arenas del Mar Hotel in Manuel Antonio

I also tried, texhills, and was told that they would put at "sticky" at the top of the forum letting people know this was the forum for a town called Post in Texas, but they were not going to delete the whole forum. I don't think the "sticky" will help.

abe845 - You'll get more and better responses in the Costa Rica forums, but I can tell you that you will not need even a warm up suit in Arenal in the evenings. We were there last year and still wore shorts and t-shirts, even at night. It's cooler, but very humid, so it stays warm. You may want to bring a very light weight jacket or other light weight long sleeved shirt to put on if you get chilled at dinner, but I think I warm up suit would be a bit much. We stayed further up the Pacific coast from MA, and found it to still be very very warm at night. I'm not sure if MA is any cooler.

Reply to: Gaia vs Tulamer vs Arenas del Mar Hotel in Manuel Antonio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted