We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nicest condo on the beach

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
nicest condo on the beach

Which condo is the nicest and is on the beach? Some suggestions have been Port Royal, La Mirage, Aransas Princess, and Mayan Princess...any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Austin
Level Contributor
81 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nicest condo on the beach

All are set back from the beach but have boardwalks to access the beach.

My opinion is that Port Royal is the nicest only on the basis of the pool, Huge inter-connected pools with slides and swim up bars and grills, and night time entertainment. Nothing else like it in the area. Rooms are good. Negatives are distance from town and price.

I've stayed at SandCastle and Aransas Princess. Both properties are similar but I prefer Sand Castle. Both are close to town and have large pools and are next to beach.

I recentely stayed at The Dunes which is the only one actually on the beach. Nice enough rooms.

If you've with kids (toddlers to teens), or enjoy people watching you will like Port Royal best. Once again, mainly because of the pool.

Can't speak about Mirage or Mayan Princess because I have not stayed there. Mirage is close to Port Royal and Mayan Princess is quite a bit further from town than any other property.

In closing, I'd say that if you like beach activity, the condos closer in like Sand Castle and The Dunes are better because you have more people on the beach there. The Beach area near Port Royal, Mirage and Mayan Princess will pretty much be limited to the people staying at those properties.

2. Re: nicest condo on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations