We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port A - "Stay n Eat"

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, TX
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Port A - "Stay n Eat"

In 2005, we went to Port A for a few days. We stayed at Sandcastle Condos (www.portaransas-texas.com/sitepages/pid42.php) and loved it. It's a great place to stay. The pool is beautiful, and the walkway to the beach is very convenient! The #1 good thing is that the Air Conditioning in our room was very cold. Double plus!

While there, we ate a Castaway’s and enjoyed it. The Coconut Shrimp that we had was outstanding, but the service was just fair. Read my review of it. I talk about the Coconut Shrimp and a dopey waiter. I also ate at Port A Pizzeria while there, and was very pleased with that. The pizza was good and the atmosphere was “little town friendly.” I liked it a lot.

Finally, my mom and wife went to Virginia’s, and they were so rude that they turned around and left without even being seated. I’d recommend against going there.

The reason that I’m writing this now, a year later, is that we’re going back to Port Aransas in two days and we’re staying in the same place and going back to the 2 favorite restaurants too. We plan on trying one or two new places too, just for fun, and I will write about those when I return!

San Antonio, TX
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port A - "Stay n Eat"

Sorry for the funny characters....I wrote that in MS Word and copied it over, and apparently that wasn't a good idea... :)

Plano, TX
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Port A - "Stay n Eat"

You should check out Castaway's again. They are recently under new management, so hopefully you will have a better experience. They also remodeled their restaurant and added a new take-out chicken area called the Chicken Coop. The food is really great! Have fun!

3. Re: Port A - "Stay n Eat"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations