We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If it rains.........

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
If it rains.........

We'll be in Port Aransas this coming weekend. This is our first visit so unfamilar with the area. What does one do if it rains? Any suggestions for Port Aransas or somewhere close in the area would be great.

k

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,473 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If it rains.........

Corpus would give you the most options - Aquarium, shopping, movies.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If it rains.........

I forget that Corpus is so close. Thanks for responding.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If it rains.........

You can visit the USS Lexington Museum (an aircraft carrier), go to the Texas State Aquarium, visit the Museum of Science and History...There is the Art Museum of South Texas as well as the Museum of Asian Cultures. All of these are in Corpus Christi.

Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If it rains.........

Or go find a nice bar to hang out in. If it isn't cold, even an outdoor covered bar is fun! They have TV, dominoes & cards at Hooks. Flats & Shorty's have pool tables. There is foosball at Neptunes. Cheap drinks and both foosball & pool at Bernie's.

Burleson, TX
Level Contributor
186 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If it rains.........

Well, it did rain. Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions but we ended up staying close to the condo. (We stayed at the Sea Gull.) I was able to have a few beach walks. Besides the rain & low temps we enjoyed PA and are already planning a future trip. I'll be posting restaurant & condo reviews in those sections.

k

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If it rains.........

Thanks for the brief trip report. I look forward to reading your reviews.

7. Re: If it rains.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, December 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations