We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The beach is great!

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fort worth, tx
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The beach is great!

I've read alot of posts about seaweed and garbage, but that has just not been my experience. We are here now and we've been going to the beaches in North Padre between the Holiday Inn and Bob Hall Pier. I haven't seen any seaweed and no trash at all. The water is shallow for quite a ways out, which is great for my son and a very pretty blue/green further out. Maybe I am just hitting a good time of year but I don't see what all the complaints are about :)

Houston,Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The beach is great!

I am with you on that txcris. Before we went to port a last week, i read posts on this site, because we had never been before, and i saw complaints like you said about seaweed and garbage. But i saw none of that when we were there, in fact while standing on the beach the first day i told my father about what i had read on the site, and we wondered where this seaweed and trash was, because the beach looked pretty darn clean to us. So i have to say our experience with the beach was wonderful.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The beach is great!

Seaweed is perfectly natural so even if it would have been there it's not an ordeal to stay at PA beach. And we also noted that beaches were very well kept clean by Corpus Christi personal. Thanks for your post.

fort worth, tx
Level Contributor
165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The beach is great!

We also took the ferry to St. Jo Island. And yes, that beach is not maintained, so there is some trash that comes in from the ocean (and probably the tourists), but it wasn't that bad and the pretty water there more than made up for it. You could see the bottom for quite a ways out and you could see the fish swimming around with you. Very clear. Loved it.

Houston,Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The beach is great!

That's crazy txcris, because i just talked to my father this evening, and he said next summer when we go back down, the one thing he really wants to do that we didn't ge to do this time, is go to st jo's island. Sounds like it was pretty nice over there.

5. Re: The beach is great!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, February 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas