We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnighter in PA-Help!

Kansas
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Topic
Overnighter in PA-Help!

My husband and I are coming to PA on 9/8 for the day and spending the night. We have never been to the area. We're thinking of relocating to Austin and want to check out the TX coast. Any suggestions on lodging. We are most interested in clean, hotel (prefer not to stay in a motel) with on-site restaurant, perhaps bar for under $100. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

South Padre Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnighter in PA-Help!

ekayea, why not try South Padre Island, currently the nation's #3 best beach town? Check out www.spireviews.com/index.php

Mentioned in this post
South Padre Island
South Padre Island
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Texas
Level Contributor
126 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnighter in PA-Help!

The Port Royal in Port A is a nice condo-type resort on the beach.

Great place.

Have fun.

San Antonio
Level Contributor
598 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnighter in PA-Help!

The Port Royal is probably the only resort with a restaurant/bar, but dont know if you can get a rm for under 100, maybe on your weekday of the 8th. Check www.portaransas.org for other places. I've stayed at Sand Castle, great view of ocean. Keep in mind alot of these condos on the island are privately owned and some are kept up better than others. This is a very laid back, casual little fishin village but have some great restaurants (Shells, Wharf, Venetian) and some nice bars near the waterfront (Backporch, Virginias). We love Port A.

green bay, wisconsin
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnighter in PA-Help!

I was just down in Port Aransas on the 26th-28th. While I was down there I went to a lot of the local hotels and condos, to get some different prices. Most of the hotels were between 139.00 and 169.00 per night. However, we went into the Days Inn, a 6 week old hotel about 2 minutes from the beach in a car, and we asked them what the cheapest rate they could give us was. There were 2 other adults with me, so we needed 2 beds. Well, let me tell you, the lady was super nice at the counter, and gave us the room for 79.99 per night, and it was a weekend too! She said she was glad to help us out, and we thanked her for her help as well. The stay was nice. There is not a restaurant or bar, however, those are only minutes away. The rooms were very nice, however the hot tub did not work, which was unsettling. However we paid nearly 75.00 a night less than most other places, so it isn't going to be perfect. Oh, the other thing is that most of the hotels down in Port go way down after Labor Day, so shop around. And just so you know Austin is a very nice area. Very expensive to own a home, however lots of cool restaurants for good price, and lots of water with Lake Travis and Lake Austin right in the city. There is also a pool called Barton Springs, which is basically a damned off river. it is very unique, and quite pleaseant. Good luck, and make sure you go to the Texas State Aquarium (Corpus Christi) or the dolphin tours right there in Port A.

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas