We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Port A ... a general review!

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Port A ... a general review!

Just got home yesterday from Port A, we were there from June 15 - 19 and we had a great time! The beach was nice and fairly clean ... there wasn't a massive amount of seaweed as I had heard about on earlier postings. There was seaweed, but for goodness sakes, you are at the ocean and there will be seaweed!

We stayed at a beach cottage on the beach we rented through Starkey Property ... it was called Outlook and there were two others, Seashell and I can't recall the other's name. If you go on Starkey Property rental's website you will see all three. They aren't updated and they were a little run down, but all in all they were clean and you just can't beat the location. The view from Outlook was spectacular and one of the reasons we rented the cottage.

Port A itself is a nice, if touristy, little village. We had a great hamburger at Moby Dick's and our kids (2 & 4) loved the decor. We spent our mornings on the beach and then had lunch and a siesta in the afternoons. We also ate at Castaways and it was fabulous ... the Mahi Mahi was fresh and absolutely delicious! We ate at Cancun Restaurant and Cantina on the last night and it was fair ... we are from Midland ... so we get good Mexican food here ... and we stopped in San Antonio going and coming and had fabulous food at La Fogatas and Chachos.

We took a dolphin tour with Dolphin Excursions ... on the Kahootz ... the Captain and his wife were super friendly but the dolphins weren't in the mood to visit ... I think I was the most disappointed --my daughters and husband thought it was grand!

On our last night, the hubby; who wasn't all that keen on going to Port A, said we would definately be back ... he liked it that much!

My one complaint about Starkey is that we tried to get our keys at 3:45p.m. and it was a no go ... that was a little too nit picky for us ... but she said that the cottage wouldn't be ready til 4:00p.m. and boy did she mean it ... not a minute til 4:00p.m. It was nice that the lady who owns the property was also on the property and we visted with her ... she was nice and very personable ... and since we weren't loud, partying young adults there were no problems.

Looking forward to Port A again sometime ... maybe next year!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Port A ... a general review!

Fully agree and thanks for your tripreport. PA is a nice place and we have been several times coming from Europe and we are thinking to stay for a couple of month snowbirding. Liked your story and enjoyed reading.

tet

2. Re: Just got back from Port A ... a general review!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas