We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at the beach

austin, tx
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Christmas at the beach

Hello all!

Being new to Texas, my hubby and I are thinking of heading down to check out PA over the holidays. Can you suggest any local Christmas-themed activities in the area? Are the restaurants/bars all open around that time of year? Thanks!

laura

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas at the beach

Yes they are open during the holidays. What do you mean by Christmas themed activities?

austin, tx
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas at the beach

I"m thinking light displays or any holiday traditions down there we wouldn't want to miss.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas at the beach

Yes they decorate for X-Mas. You will see a lot of lights,decoration, and X-Mas trees.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas at the beach

We have spent several Christmases in Port A, and plan to return this year. I love the weather, and the lack of crowds, that time of year. Our last trip, in 2003?, we stayed in a beach house, and compared to the summer months, the beaches were quiet and empty. All of the restaurants/ bars and shops were open during the week, but closed early Christmas Eve (we planned on dining out, but couldn't find anywhere nice that was open) and remained closed Christmas Day, like most places. I do not recall any special Christmas activities, other than seeing traditional lights and decorations on houses. There may be festivities, though. Check out the Chamber of Commerce website, and maybe the community theater. Also, since Corpus Christi is nearby, and is a large city, there should be many Christmas-themed events over there. Hope this helps...

Mentioned in this post
Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
Texas Gulf Coast, TX
5. Re: Christmas at the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas