We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

house to rent in Port A

Which Port Aransas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DFW
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
house to rent in Port A

The kids have flown the coop and will be at their inlaws for Thanksgiving. I am looking for a house to rent for the week of Thanksgiving, all we need is cable for the Cowboy game, kitchen, and a/c.

Any ideas?

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: house to rent in Port A

Hi

Maybe try: www.vrbo.com

Good luck!

Tet

Dallas area
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: house to rent in Port A

This link is from the Port A chamber of commerce site. Lots of good information on this site.

portaransas.org/property_mgmt_companies.php…

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: house to rent in Port A

You should check out the Sandcastle. It always make me feel home away from home. It is cozy & comfy. The kitchen has everything you need stove, cookware & utensil micro, and full size fridge. The balcony overlook the beach area and they have a boardwalk to the beach. The TV is very nice to watch the Cowboys game I think you would really like it there. Whatever you decide, I am sure you will have a great time and that all that matters. Hopefully the Cowboys will win that will make it a great Thanksgiving or at least for me.

Dallas area
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: house to rent in Port A

pruske25 are you attending the Cowboys training camp in SA? I am headed down next week and need and info you might have. TIA

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: house to rent in Port A

Starsfan2299 I'm planning to go on Thursday 8-2- , I can't wait to see my Boy's. What can I help you with??? I am a huge fan even when they went 1 - 16. I am a true fan and not one of those who only goes for them when they are a winning team. When they lose, I feel like I 've just lost. I feel depress and sick in my stomach when they lose close game especially to the Redskins, who I can't stand.

Dallas area
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: house to rent in Port A

pruske, I attended camp Tues. and Wed. Hope you have as much fun as we did. Love my cowboys, have been a fan since I was a little girl and that was a long time ago. We had a great time in SA, always do.

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: house to rent in Port A

pruske, you'd enjoy watching games with my husband and son. I can't even stay in the same room with them when the boys are losing, although they've gotten a little better with several years of practice (at losing). :> Their romance with the Cowboys began in the Landry/Staubach era though--the "JJ's teams" just weren't the same, primarily attitude!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: house to rent in Port A

Starfan2299 and OO I went Thursday & Saturday and really enjoyed it. I am such a big cowboy fan, I don't plan anything when they are playing. When I was getting married in 93, Me and my sisters were suppose to go to look for bridesmaid dresses for my wedding and I cancel that Saturday when I found out that the Cowboys were playing that Saturday. They all couldn't believe that I would chose the boys over my wedding plans and I told them we have to reschedule like it or not. I've been a fan since I was a little girl and watching it with my daddy. My mom never got into sports but I've always have been. My husband likes to make it worse my bringing me a kleenex when they lose or he will go for the Redskins when they play the cowboys knowing he is getting under me and my dad skin by doing that. I soak and have a yucky feeling in my stomach when they lose, I guess I hurt for them. I can't explain it, except for the fact that i love my boys'.

Dallas area
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: house to rent in Port A

pruske, are you sure we are not related? When the Cowboys lost and I visited my father he would start pretending to cry , making fun of me. I hated that and pointed out he was the one that got me hooked on foootall. My kids hated the Mon. after a Cowboy loss, my bad mood, and always a bad breakfast before school.

We enjoyed SA and out trip to see training camp, it was only my third time at training camp but won't be my last!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: house to rent in Port A

Check out the property management company, "Life in Paradise" from the Chamber of Commerce website. They have lots of beach house rentals. I'm pretty sure the manager's name is Martha Dore. My folks rent the same adorable little yellow beach house from her each year. It is in the dunes at Beach Access Road 1A. There are three houses there, at different prices. Hope this helps...

Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas
Recent Conversations