We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis and massage

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis and massage

I'll be visiting Port Aransas this weekend, staying in a Sandpiper condo.

1. I see there are several taxi services that serve Port A. Any idea the cost to travel from Sandpiper into town?

2. I find only a few reviews of Massage in a Bottle. Anyone used their services who would be willing to share your thoughts?

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,972 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis and massage

I wish I had practical knowledge and experience but I do not. I would call the Sandpiper or email them for specific information about taxi's. Taxi fare estimator is suggesting about $44 round trip before tip. There are rideshare companies as well. Tride is one...

Never heard of Massage in a Bottle, sorry.

Enjoy the Gulf Coast...

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis and massage

After returning from our visit, I wanted to answer my own questions for future readers.

1. Staff at the Sandpiper could not answer my question about taxis into town. This is no reflection on them . . . I just think people don't use taxis to and fro.

After being dropped off by co-travelers for my massage, I also spent a bit of time walking about town and called a cab for my return. The fare was $31 before tax. Higher than I expected for the 8 miles/15 minute ride, but I realize it was a deadhead trip with no return fare likely. The cabbie was cordial, told me up front the rate and of the fact he took only cash and offered to stop at an ATM if I needed.

2. Massage in a Bottle is OUTSTANDING. I have done a separate review and will include in a trip report.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,972 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis and massage

Thanks for the report coffeemug...

The inability of the staff to answer the taxi question is a poor reflection on them. Even if the use of a taxi is rare, the staff should be able to answer such a question.

Glad you had a great experience at Massage in a Bottle!

4. Re: Taxis and massage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 17, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Port Aransas