We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

Which New Braunfels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
1 post
Save Topic
The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

This place could have been nice, but the management was incompetent. The reason I say this is because of quite a few things such as the upkeep. The upkeep was lacking, for instance the yard not being mowed, spider webs all over the lower and upper decks, also a few inside. Also, found snake on lower deck column, along with Wasp nests. Upon arrival check in was supposed to be anytime after 1pm, but maid was cleaning and informed us that we had another 1-2 hour wait. So we decided to walked the property and only to find tons of trash and grass that was up to our knees in some spots. We then called the person responsible for this home, only to have her be on the defensive toward us, not to offer her help as she should. Also, this gal expected us to deal with an extraordinary amount of inside and outside cleaning chores upon departure, also dealing with having to sit trash out for trash pickup at the end of a long driveway. I have never in my life experienced anything of the sort, especially with the amount of money we dished out for this place. One more thing, had two bathrooms with non draining tubs, so you stood in water half way up your shin. Upon departure she called only to rant and rave about us not doing a job that should have been their responsibility. Myself and the members of my party aren't the type of people that would trash a place, as a matter of fact the place was cleaner when we left then what it was upon arrival. The person who owns this home should reconsider about allowing this lady to manage their place, as this lady cannot handle the responsibility, nor does she meet the public very well. Would rent this place again under new and better management, but not as long as Lesa Kroesche is the manager, she is very unprofessional and also very rude. I have prior experience with property management, and this is NOT the way one would treat their clients!

Arlington, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

My friends and I also rented Treetop over the July 4th weekend. The house was beautiful and Lesa Kroesch went out of her way to make us feel welcomed and prepared for our stay. She had outlined in detail the house rules such as, the house is on a cistern, so taking several showers at once would of course slow the draining down, but NOT shin deep. We too have had prior experience with property management, as we rent cabins on other rivers annualy, for more money and with less amenities. Such as no linens, towels or kitchen supplies. Also one should consider the fact that although the house has river access, a property manager can not control the trash that other inconsiderate people (thousands over the weekend of the 4th) throw on the river banks without sitting out there 24/7 with trash bag in hand. I have yet to see any property manager able to do this! Also, unless there was a rapid grass growth between the time we left and these people rented, our property was well maintained. We also used the grill several times during our stay, which is located on the concrete slab under the house, and not once encountered any snakes or wasps. However, this house IS on the river, and I'm sure these natual occurences can happen. As far as clean up, all we were asked to do was to put our trash out front for pick up (no big deal I might add), put our dirty dishes in the dishwasher and place all our dirty linens together in on tub. So if this was too much for the above renters, I would suggest that in the future they stay at a resort with 24 hr. housekeeping and room service. "Roughing" in a beautiful house on the river may be too much for them. REGARDLESS, WRITING A NASTY LETTER REGARDING THIS HOUSE AND PROPERTY MANAGER WAS UNCALLED FOR! It would be a shame if people listened to such nastiness and missed the wonderful opportunity to rent this beautiful property. WE ARE DEFINITELY GOING BACK AND I"M LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING WITH THEIR PROPERTY MANAGER, LESA!

Deer Park
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

Our family stayed at the Treetop and had a great time. The most disappointing part of the trip was leaving. As soon as we were in the home, I called a friend of mine from the large spacious deck overlooking the Guadalupe River. I told him, he and his wife had to come up and see the house, property and view. We were very happy with every aspect of the accommodations and the management. If you are looking to rent a house on the river, don't miss out on this awesome experience because of a negative letter like the one above. I have already shown pictures of the property and area to all my friends, and yes to my co-workers. There were a few things Lesa asked us to do to help with the transition for the next group to take possession, but it was very minor and it was shared with us prior to our arrival at the property. Any discrepancies or inconsistencies with the property were so trivial you had to put a microscope to, to make them a concern. I will be back, as often as possible, we just had way too much fun.

austin, texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

our experiences with "tree tops" and the affiliated properties managed by Lesa K. stand in sharp distinction to the criticisms leveled by 'Ms. Houston'. We were treated with the gracious hospitality that central texans are famous for, and found the quaint charm and setting to be just what we were looking for.

Yes, we enjoyed seeing wildlife,too--and not the sort you would find on a houston freeway. We noted the rustic feel and ambience of this home-after all we didnt make reservations at the Four Seasons! I enthusiastically recommend this vacation property managed by Lesa--for those that are discriminating enough to know what they want.

Kinder, LA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

Thanks for all of the reviews. They are quite helpful in making a decision regarding our future visit. Would someone let me know how comfortably 2 adults and 4 kids (including one VERY picky 15 year) would be at this rental? Also, what were the prices and how close were "things to do?"

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,350 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

I appreciate all of the reviews here. I alwys read reviews with the understanding that there are at least two sides (usually more) to a story.

As to the VERY picky 15 year old - isn't that redundent?!?!? :)

I've been known to leave 15 year olds home. :)

Houston,TX
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: The Treetops Vacation Rental New Bruanfels (Near Gruene)

Glad you all had a great stay at the Tree Tops, I guess we all could have if Lesa would have been more attentive upon asking for a few simple things to be taken care of and without her extreme drama act! When I say I have experience in property management, it isn't just renting a property for vacation, I meant I manage properties also, and this Lesa Person sure has a bit more to learn about managing and how to deal with clients on in a professional manner, she most certainly is lacking.

As for the shower issue, there was only one person showering at any given time, because of the time we had to allow for each tub to drain before anyone being able to step in the tub without having water up to the shin. The snake was located on one of the columns located next to the stairs on the back of the home. The wasp, and also the spiders were horrible, and one could tell that the problem didn't just arise, there were even spiders within the home, as a matter of fact my husband was bitten while sleeping in the bedroom located closest to the water. The grass had not been mowed in a long while despite what this person said about staying there on July 4th said, it was knee high, therefore the mosquitoes were out in full force. Despite what you all are saying, evidently you have never dealt with a professional manager before otherwise you would know that this property wasn't managed in the proper fashion.

I am not a hard to please person, but do expect to get what I pay for, and also appreciate being treated at like a HUMAN BEING, especially after forking over my hard earned cash! I have never treated my clients in such a manner, nor would I dream of it. I realize people will complain no matter what, but I am being truthful about what my experience was while staying at this place. Perhaps Lesa has recruited friends and relatives to post there great experiences on here to counter-react what I have posted. I only know what I have experienced and mainly the bad experience was with Lesa, the Tree Tops with preventative maintenance and a Manager who possessed some professionalism and people skills could have made our stay a pleasant one too! BTW, When I had questions about this property she acted as though she was put out that I emailed her about a few things that were not explained or even listed on the website. My perception on Lesa is; the money she is allotted to manage this property with, she is sticking a few dollars in her back pocket, otherwise the lawn would have been manicured, and the pest would have invaded us a bad. Good Luck Lesa on learning some professionalism and people skills! :-)