We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American diner

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
American diner

Hi all, while taking a pic with a batman statue last night a lady told us about an American diner nearby we might like, that it has plenty more stuff like that. My hubby loves that kind of thing but she didn't give a name. Would she have been referring to Harley's maybe? She seemed to think it was within walking distance but I didn't think Harley's was.. Thanks in advance!

north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
561 reviews
1. Re: American diner

Don't think it can be Harley's if it's supposed to be nearby. The only American place I can think of that might be is Tony Roma's - good burger selection but a diner it isn't.

Edited: 9:54 am, September 25, 2016
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: American diner

Or the American place facing Leonardos.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: American diner

Definitely not Tony Roma's, we ate there last night. I don't think it's Harley's either to be honest, I didn't think there were any superhero bits there. Not to worry, I'll look into the one opposite Leonard's and hope someone else on here might know! Thanks for your replies.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: American diner

Hi 367 Trudy, I think the place she is referring to is called American Dreamz, they have statues of The Blues Brothers, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, Muhammad Ali and Barrack Obama there were others but can't remember, if you go to the end of the road to the roundabout turn left all the way to the bottom it's at the very bottom as far as you can go on the corner down some steps.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: American diner

Thanks jay that sounds right, gets mixed reviews though but it might be worth going in for a drink to have a look!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
272 reviews
6. Re: American diner

Yes it is were you say Jay it's downstairs from Taurus restaurant. We were there last year in American Dreamz and food was really nice we ate ther twice for dinner. There was also live music.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: American diner

Thanks Ann!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: American diner

We called in one afternoon for a drink while out for a walk, hubby tried tacos off the snack menu and didn't really rate them also paid €4.00 euros for small bottle of Kopperberg (330mls) there were about half a dozen tables occupied and people eating, it seemed popular of an evening the couple of times we passed.

north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
561 reviews
9. Re: American diner

Ah, American Dreamz. I'd forgotten that one. It's another one of the many places run by the Gourmetland Group. Taurus is another. Most of them in and around the Golden Mile. None of them that brill, IMO (although, to be fair, I've only eaten at a few of theirs)

Edited: 2:10 pm, September 25, 2016
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
554 posts
43 reviews
10. Re: American diner

If your after quality burgers, I'd recommend lucky 7's on the road above the San Telmo. Lovely place, and a lovely view too.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas