We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choosing hotel please

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Help choosing hotel please

Hi everyone, looking for a break to Tenerife and am stuck between Gala, Siesta and Troya hotels. I've read the reviews and they are all pretty similar, so before I pull a name out of the hat I wondered if anyone could help me choose please?!

Important things for us are: We like to be near to bars and restaurants. We like a show cooking station for eggs, pancakes in a morning. I'd also like a reasonably well equipped gym as well.

Thanks in advance for any help x

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,102 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help choosing hotel please

Troya has recently been done up and is right opposite the sea, but nextdoor to veronicas the clubbing area, if your room is facing this you will hear some noise at night, but you will get glorious sunshine on your balcony all day long, if your room is on the other side facing palm beach it will be quiet but you will get no sun on your balcony at all....can't comment on the food as my mate stayed there and was only b/b. There is only a few bars to the right of the hotel you need to walk for the better bars.

Gala it's a few years since I stayed here but I loved it, this hotel is located across the road from starcos the other clubbing area, but the rooms are triple glazed and you don't hear much noise, the food was good and they had show cooking, I believe the hotel caters more towards german/scandanivan nationalities now.

La siesta is well located for bars that I think you would like, it's popular with families, I've sent my in laws here in sept, I haven't stayed only called in for a nosey and watch an artist one night.

Can't help with the gym though....shudders

My favourite hotel in this area is the noelia sur.

Edited: 3:18 am, July 30, 2016
2. Re: Help choosing hotel please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 pm, August 02, 2016
Totton
Level Contributor
50 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help choosing hotel please

Having recently returned from the La Siesta I can highly recommend this hotel. The rooms are big for a hotel, massive pool area with plenty of sunbeds even though I believe the hotel was fully booked. Also ideally located near all the family entertainment areas and shopping areas of a night out. I wish I could go back soon!

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help choosing hotel please

Thanks everyone I was just pricing up the Siesta on Thomsons and got a message on the screen to say the price of the holiday had gone up 184.00, how can that happen mid booking? Seems so unfair. Grrrrrrrr. It might change after the weekend.

Thanks again for your help.

Totton
Level Contributor
50 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help choosing hotel please

Someone's probably booked the last standard room. Or an increase in flight prices?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
789 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help choosing hotel please

I think they no when there is s increase of activity on the website, I've seen this done within minutes of looking, wait till Monday / Tuesday ( and don't look till then ) and it probley wd have dropped again...

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help choosing hotel please

I would not stay in Gala - unless of course you are planning on being up to 6am partying as it is bang in the centre across the road from the Veronica Strip. Troya - looks lovely. Siesta didn't get good reviews on food - if your a foodie! We are staying in the Noelia Sur which is Adults Only. We have stayed before. It now looks AMAZING!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,102 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help choosing hotel please

Hairyhaggis52....when you stayed at the gala, where was your room located that kept you awake till 6.00am?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help choosing hotel please

Hi folks still not booked, prices have rocketed and not come down since the weekend. Gala is the cheapest, but I'm worried now about the noise!! Thanks for your help, will keep an eye on the thread and prices!!

Totton
Level Contributor
50 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help choosing hotel please

The Siesta is better located for families as it's away from the nightclub areas compared to the Gala and Troya hotels. Also if you go half board at the Siesta you can swap your evening meal for lunch and go out for evening meal which was appealing to many who stayed there when we were there

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas