We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bitacora parking or in general!?

London, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
73 reviews
Bitacora parking or in general!?

Anecdotal evidence suggests that Bitacora doesn't have it's own car park, though their website doesn't appear to say one way or the other. If not, where is safe to park and nearest? I've seen threads about not getting street level spaces and instead paying for underground, but I can't find a comprehensive map of parking options (at least not at this time of night with my eyes half closed!).

Are there many of these underground car parks I hear about? If so, which is nearest?

As for parking elsewhere driving around the island, is it generally fairly clear and straightforward where you can park? Is on-road parking generally free where it's permitted?

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Bitacora parking or in general!?

there are a couple of car parks close by but spaces on them are a real premium .One is between Conquistador and Parque Santiago 1 which are to your right as you come out of your hotel .A small on street parking area to your left as you come out between Andorra Hotel and Zentral Centre hotel .Also underground Parking under The Safari Centre which if its still the same you can purchase weekly parking spaces .

Most street parking you will find notices up if you are expected to pay or signs pointing towards meters for tickets .To be honest its a blinking night mare

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Bitacora parking or in general!?

You will get a space in the underground car park in Safari Centre , which is quite near the Bitacora as oneleg has said , I'm not sure how much it is for weekly but I think it's about 1 euro an hour . As he also said parking in Las Americas is very difficult and unlike Los Cristianos there is no large paying car park . I can't think of anywhere outside Las Americas where it is difficult to park ,with the exception of Los Gigantes and Candeleria ,which are two places we usually struggle to find a space. Other than that it's just the usual yellow lines and in front of entrances etc that would just be common sense .

Do be careful though around Las Americas as they do clamp cars !

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,548 posts
182 reviews
3. Re: Bitacora parking or in general!?

It cost €24 for a week in Las Vistas underground car park in April, I suspect the two by Safari Centre are a similar price. You go to the office in the underground ask for a permit and pay cash or credit card.

I have marked your closest underground car parks on this map, They are only minutes away from the hotel. …servimg.com/u/f35/16/52/62/13/screen11.png

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
566 reviews
4. Re: Bitacora parking or in general!?

The one near Parque Santiago 1, as mentioned in reply #1 is, I reckon, the closest. And is free (at least at the beginning of the year). It gets busy during the day. But, assuming you were going to be out & about during the day, you should have no problem parking there from late afternoon.

There is some on street parking in the immediate vicinity of the hotel but spaces are snapped up quickly. I don't know whether the hotel has any parking (if it does, then it's underground) and suggest you simply email them to ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
220 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: Bitacora parking or in general!?

Thank you all, will have a proverbial head-scratch ..! :o)

6. Re: Bitacora parking or in general!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 16, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas