We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bitacora....pool view or not?

Brierley Hill...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Bitacora....pool view or not?

i wonder if anyone can help here, my partner and i are staying at the bitacora in sept but are undecided whether a pool view upgrade room is worth it or are the standard rooms just as nice?...has anyone been, and had both types of rooms and can offer any advice please? many thanks..........

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

Unfortunately, if you have a non pool view on the north side of the hotel you will be overlooking the old Loro Parque, which has been derelict for many years and is not a pleasant aspect !

Kintore, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

Not entirely true regarding overlooking the derelict park as the majority of the non facing pool rooms are overlooking the main entrance which aren't bad at all although can be a bit more noisy with busses etc.

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
154 reviews
3. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

It can be quite expensive for pool view, but you get the safe for free, free pool towel use, and a couple of other things. We had a pool view and it was great to sit relaxing with a drink on the balcony with a nice view. I would have hated to be allocated a room overlooking the derelict tennis courts, so in my opinion it's worth it.

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

Sh33p you did not read my post in it's entirety. I clearly stated 'on the north side of the hotel'.

Scotland
Level Contributor
254 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

We had a pool view room on our recent visit and would always choose to have that again. I'm sure the actual rooms are all the same just the view is different but somebody else may be able to correct me on that.

Kintore, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

Sorry paulshols51. You are correct I never read it properly.

Brierley Hill...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

much appreciated for your replies thank you....

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,441 posts
154 reviews
8. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

Great hotel Barney . Food, location, staff, all superb. If you are not all inclusive visit Spring hotel Group website and apply for loyalty card. Gets you 15% off final bar bill. If you apply before you get there it should be ready, whereas if you apply on arrival you don't get issued with it straight away.

London, UK
Level Contributor
770 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

Hi,

We have stayed here a few times and never upgraded. We ask for a room overlooking the entrance side of the hotel. Quiet and nice to sit and watch the comings and goings. We have stayed in room 615 and 617 and both were perfect.

Kelly :)

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
10. Re: Bitacora....pool view or not?

If you are on the the 6th ,7th, or 8th floor, then you don't tend to see what is directly below (as in derelict buildings) , what you get on the north west facimg side is a fabulous view along the coast and into the mountains. And some late sun in the non winter months. The east facing side obviously gets sunrise , and possibly a view towards Los Cristianos.

I only had a pool view once - traffic noise put me off

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas