We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parque santiago 3/4 rooms

UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
parque santiago 3/4 rooms

Hi. I have booked a one bedroom apartment at Parque Santiago in July for me and my OH. I was looking at some recent reviews at lunchtime and one reviewer said that although she booked a one bedroom apartment what she got was a mezzanine/balcony sleeping area. This really isn't what I want because my OH can sleep for England and I want to be able to get up and potter around without waking him. I might as well pay less for a studio.

Does anyone know if there are many rooms like this please? I have emailed the travel agent to say I don't want one of these rooms but I don't know if they will come back and just say that they will request it but no guarantees.

Buckie Scotland
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

Can't speak for the one bedroom Apts but both reception s at 3/4 will try to change your accommodation (for free) if your not happy and they are available.

North West
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A 1 BED APT FOR NEXT CHRISTMAS. I HAVE tried to book one shown as available only to be told it was already booked FRUSTRATING! I then found another that looked fabulous and was also shown as available THE OWNER replied with terms and I was just about to book it when I realised it wasn't the same one but a STUDIO in the same block.I scrolled further down and found a note saying only STUDIOS available all others taken. AGAIN FRUSTRATING.!! He had his own WEBSITE and when I looked at it he owned lots of apartments in the same block..they were probably fine but still I find it a little misleading to be shown lovely pictures of obviously the best one.

After reading many reviews I think this is possibly the reason why people are surprised to find the apt. they end up with is nothing like the one they thought they had booked . Some owners are being a little vague about the exact name and location of their apartments. So read everything carefully!! Perhaps you can try and verify exactly which apt you have booked at Parque Santiago and then check if its what you want.

UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

Hi bigbob. Yes I cab request a change but in the reviews people have waited days for this when they have not been happy and I woukd rather not have the disruption. I think if the travel agent cannot give me any assurances then I will ask to change to another apartments.

Gorgran,I have booked through a travel agent so I don't really know what kind of room I will get in terms of layout or decor etc which is OK but I do expect to get a one bedroom apartment if that is what I paid for. To me an open plan mezzanine balcony is not a bedroom.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

Gorgran - were you trying to book Parque Santiago. Can you give me the name of the website you were looking at?

Thanks

North West
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

I agree you should get what you have paid for...some studios are minute and also don't have decent kitchens . we book self catering so we have the freedom of choice eat in or go out there is nothing more frustrating than discovering you cant make a decent meal because either there is nothing to cook it on or there aren't any pans etc...Anyway I hope you get one of the decent apartments at Parque Santiago. We have stayed nearby in the past and it does look lovely and is in a fabulous location. So happy holiday.

North West
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

No I wasn't trying to book Parque Santiago but I had looked at it on Trip Advisor Holiday Rentals however I was put off by the reviews that said they hadn't got a decent apartment and knowing my luck I probably would get one of them too!! I tried to book one at Adeje and that was when I realised that some owners own lots of apartments and don't necessarily advertise each one. So forewarned is forearmed I wish Trip Advisor could police this in some way ... but I have failed to find anywhere to e mail them on this subject. If you want to look at reviews for Parque Santiago click on HOLIDAY RENTALS at the top of the page find Parque S and read the reviews.

UK
Level Contributor
449 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

Hi Grogran - thanks. I will only be cooking breakfast in the apartment so a ring, a toaster and a frying pan will do. I just need to be able to shut the door on sleeping beauty lol. We have normally booked studios in the past and not really been fussed about the size but last year in Portgual we were upgraded to a one bed and we can see now the advantage of having the extra space not just for him to sleep but sometimes just to get away from each other ha ha.

North West
Level Contributor
6 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

YES I agree space is sometimes needed on holiday with partner especially if you go for longer than a week.!!!!! . ......I just thought I would mention that on all the sites I have looked at a 1 bedroom is usually priced a fair bit more than a studio so as you have booked a 1 bed then you should be fine.....make sure you take your invoice with you.............. have a lovely time ......... We are going in February to the Vulcano along with all the other geriatrics........ so I am going to have a look around then for apartments. 'bye.

9. Re: parque santiago 3/4 rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations