We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDLA Famly rooms

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
PDLA Famly rooms

Hi, I'm looking for hotel for my sister, she needs a family room with inter connecting doors, her child is 16 but needs to be near as he is autistic and won't cope well in a room totally on his own,

also a proper single bed he's too big for a fold up. bed settee or trundle, hope some-one can help.

Preferably hotel not apartment.

Thanks

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,051 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

Have a look at Parque Cristobal...these have bungalows with separate bedrooms that connect off a hallway .And at least one apartment that is the same ,two bedrooms off a long hallway . Not just self catering they offer other board options .

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

Thanks OLNF, he's been in his own room at home from being little, but he will panic if steps outside the room and doesn't recognize where he is. We will have a look at this place, his mum won't take him anywhere without knowing the set up.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,051 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

"IF" ....they put him in the last bedroom on the hallway he would have to go past theirs first ,before getting to the bathroom and lastly the lounge/kitchen diner .Lights could be left on in the hallway ,bathroom or kitchen too,with out disturbing anyone sleeping .I understand what your looking for and hope others can help

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

You can also try the Colon 2 they do a great 2 bedroom apartment, it is SC and a great place to stop. The lay out has the toilet near the front door the two bedrooms facing each other with the kitchen and sitting area taking up the rest of the space. All beds are full size singles some are which are pulled together to form a double. Good and safe pool not deep at kids end and plenty of photos on TA. I Know it is an apartment but worth considering.

Edited: 1:58 pm, September 09, 2013
Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

Thanks for all your help, I'm going to put this post to save for her then she can decide, hopefully she will get somewhere. I'll have a look now at Colon 2.

I quite like the look of Parque Cristobel myself OH prefers hotels, I keep telling him you can't please everyone all of the time lol.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,051 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

Friends always stay at Colon2 ,they have been going there 3 times a year for 8 years !! They love it .Its next door to Parque Cristobal .

Just to add to things about Parque Cristobal ,thay may help in your sisters decision .

There are two pools one of which is used by the children .Hard court football / basket ball enclosure ,and a sanded Volley Ball enclosure where the little kids build sandcastles when there are no matches being played .Entertainment on a night is basically aimed at the children with things like "The Parrot Show ,....Birds of Prey ....Island animals " which might just be her childs sort of thing rather than noisy loud acts

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

Hi OLNF, its the actual accommodation that's the most important thing to get right, Autism is a very strange illness, I don't get the complexities of it all the time, but the biggest thing is needing to be on there own, 3 is about the biggest group he could cope well with, all activities he does is on his own or 1 to 1, I think he might enjoy the animal shows from a distance, he is changing as he gets older, he always liked waterparks because you can run around on your own and nobody will notice but this year he just stood and watched, but as my sister says, so long as he is happy its all good.

8. Re: PDLA Famly rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, September 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations