We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air conditioning

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
air conditioning

Have been to Tenerife a few times but usually during the main summer months when the weather is at its warmest.

I struggle to sleep properly when its too warm and as a consequence, I usually make a point of booking accommodation which has air conditioning.

Planning to visit in early April next year and fancy the Parque Santiago Apts however, the only thing holding me back is the absence of aircon.

Am I right in thinking that the night temperature is much more bearable at that time of year....and that I wont die without aircon !!

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air conditioning

We have spent the last 6 years from January till the end of March in Tenerife and you definitely wouldn't need air con at night or even during the day. It would be just similar temperature to a good summer at home.

Although I have never been in April I don't think it would be much different temperature wise.

It doesn't seem to get any warmer from January to March and quite often January has been the warmest month.

But it's never too warm and the evenings can be quite cool ,I usually wear a light jacket.

Edited: 4:43 pm, August 18, 2013
Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,469 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air conditioning

I've been in June and don't use the air con. It's not an essential in April. For me it's not what I'd class as hot at this time of year. Hot for me is 40+.

up north
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air conditioning

we have been in april quite a few times and once the temps were over the 100F mark when a calima blew in for a few days but didnt put the air con on..dont worry about it.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air conditioning

From friends .....they stay in April and find the ceiling fans adequate .But they said to make sure you close the curtains during the day to keep most of the heat out .

We have been in May which is normally a little warmer .....and we find it fine for sleeping .But of course like notatowny says a calima coming in has the chance to change things

Hope this helps

Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air conditioning

Thanks all for your replies......very helpful

Aircon free at Parque Santiago it is !

Thanks

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air conditioning

I would double check about aircon in PS,i have read somewhere that there is'nt any and people were asking about hiring fans,never stayed there but worth asking the question.

We didnt need aircon at the end of May last yr or this yr.

We have stayed in April didn't need it then either.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air conditioning

Thanks Finney.....will do.

The room info for Parq Santiago certainly mentions a ceiling fan but makes no reference to Aircon anywhere.

I guess I'm hoping for a daytime Calima but with conditions returning to normal around T-time.

Not too much to ask for !!!!!!!

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: air conditioning

Why anyone wishes for Calima, I do not know, but there you are, we are not all of the same mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVzfXymA5Y

Edited: 6:11 am, August 20, 2013
ayrshire
Level Contributor
334 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: air conditioning

Hi stew,we just spent 2 weeks in ps3(as we did last August)and only felt it uncomfortable one night.There is no aircon but we left the fan running with the wooden doors locked,sliding glass door open and curtains drawn.Never had any problems last year with the heat even though we had a room facing into the sun all afternoon and evening.We did find the reception area in ps3 stifling and would walk down to use the reception in ps4 for WiFi.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: air conditioning

Andy.....grateful for that.

many thanks

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas