We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

falkirk, scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

Hello. Very mixed reviews on trip advisor for Compostela Beach Apartments. We are a family with 3 yr old twins so to be honest aren't looking for the Ritz, rather just a base!! We will be out most days at the beach, play areas, aqua park, monkey park etc then the kids will come back and crash out and we will sit on the balcony and relax with 2 or 10 drinks. :-) Their favourite part of the hoilday is definetly the beach and this complex looks ideal for Las Vistas beach, 1 min walk. Has anybody who has stayed there had any horror stories or good experiences?? Thankyou in advance for any advice. p.s. why is it so stressful looking around and making a decision, I will need a holiday after this!! :-)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

I cant speak for myself ,but a few family members stayed there last September as my daughter was married in Tenerife and ......they loved it .The place i suppose can have advantages and disadvantages ,so really depends where your room is situated .If its looking over the Safari Centre and the road that lies between then for some this would be quite noisy from 9 am ish till late on when the shops and restaurants above close .

The other sides over look Playa Las Vistas and Playa El Camison , or Vista Sur shopping Centre .

I suppose with children 9 am isnt a bad time to be up ,so doubtful traffic noise on the road side wouldnt be an issue .The first part of their holiday they where facing the Safari Centre ..so they became my wifeys look out .....for the ZARAS delivery vans !!!LOL. Only day they complained about the noise was the morning after the wedding .....Cant imagine why ??? They liked this room as they love to sit out on their balcony and people watch .

They then had an electrical problem in the apartment and where moved to a room with views over the beaches and sea ,they loved this being townies .Their only gripe was once its dark there was no view ......DUH!!

They stayed on a bed and breakfast option ,so if you do go be aware there seems to be two areas for breakfast ,they didnt know this at first so they werent to fussed as to what was on offer .Once they realised about the other area they were impressed .

My input .......great location for beaches ,shopping and bars and restaurants .I am sure the few minutes to the choice of beaches will keep the kids happy .20 mins along the sea front walkway into the port area of Los Cris ,just before which are where you can rent pedalos ,banana boat .

For your kids ...... 3 mins to the nearest MacDonalds ! LOL plus side it has Free Wifi if required

For you .....very close 6 mins to the Paz Strip .Best and cheapest supermarket "Mercadonnas" approx 8 mins walk

Reviews .....always remember some people want 5 star yet only pay for 3 star .To some their cups are half empty ,mine is half full

falkirk, scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

Thankyou olnf. As ever your help is very much appreciated and invaluable. Thankyou young man. :-)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

If only .........Youth is wasted on the young !!

If you do book here ...

Mercadonnas...come out of reception ,and follow the road to the right of ZARAS clothes shop .as you round the bend then next left ( before Azahara Apts ) as you go up its just round the bend .It is up hill all the way but not over steep .There is just for daily items bread and water ,a supermarket underneath your apartments .

Theres a few shops just round the back of your apartments selling beach stuff BUT check out the prices some massively over charge .Theres an ice cream parlour in Vista Sur to the left of the water feature ,nice icecream but was a bit expensive .But nice maybe for a special treat .Nice snacks in a few in the Vista Sur ,Robbinsons on the back outer edge over looking the beach ,they serve soft drinks in boot shaped glasses .there is one behind the water feature ,just cant (again ) recall its name but something " crepier " not bad for snacks .......

herts
Level Contributor
230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

crepe armenia......good food, but had bad service in there before so put me off!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,341 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

Yes Crepe Armenia I asked for a job as their 'official pancake taster' and they thought I was joking, so put me off too. Lol

Their puddings are delicious and quite large and they will happily provide a 2nd plate so children can share but agree with Tracey service can be slow.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

I LIKE SLOW .........it keeps the wifey out of the shops ,so glad something can !!!

7. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:07 am, August 30, 2013
Hull England
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

Stayed here several times and as a base it's excellent. Had rooms overlooking every direction and any noise didn't bother us as after a beer or two? we find we sleep well. Idea location for the beach, shops and restaurants from expensive to good but cheap "pub" grub. I always recommend having a walk around and being observant. If a bar or restaurant is busy everytime you go past it's a good sign. We like Surfers Bar which is on the outside of the complex on the walkway to the beach opposite Zara's. Only problem is it's always busy and getting a seat can be a problem.

9. Re: Family with kids. Is it really as bad as the reviews say????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas