We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

Hi, could anyone help me with my stag do that is half booked for October

a) All Inclusive vs Buy your own beer - Don't care about food - Which should I do?

b) if All inc, any recommendations so queue for 30 minutes to buy 250ml of watered down beer?

c) Don't want to spoil my stag do by going to a family\quiet hotel

d) Don't want to spoil a family\quiet holiday with my stag do

Budget is £70 - £120

Age Range is 24 - 31 (12 of us)

Dates 18th Oct - 21st Oct

Help would be greatly appreciated as need to sort hotel now. Had Ponderosa in mind but the more i read about it the more I am put off

Thanks in advance

Matty

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,868 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

Oh NO!! not Ponderosa you won´t like that at all. Have a look at

Las Piramides

The Paradero

The Columbus

Sol Tenerife

In fact here is a map tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.… you need to be as close as possible to ref D6 because Veronicas and Starco are the places for stag and hen dos. Although a couple of places around the inside edge in D7 also cater for youngsters.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

Leeds
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

Thanks for this re assurance. Already looking at Columbus. I just want to make it cheaper for some of my mates who are going but struggling for cash so Im thinking if they have got AI then they are at least covered through the day.

Curious now tho, why not Ponderosa, from your point of view?

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,496 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

IF your still looking for AI ,i would for your party look at The Columbus ,Piramides and Sol Tenerife possibly Gala or Playa Azul .......these are all very close to the main entertainment areas .Remember though a lot of AI drinks finish at 11 pm in hotels .So your friends would possibly still need to find funds for once its finished if they want to still be out drinking .IF your looking at other board options i would still for your party recommend looking at those hotels mentioned both by Aguilas and myself ..........it will be a task if you dont narrow it down to just a few hotels .NIGHTMARE !

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
16,868 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

Matt, Typed my reply to you just as I was rushing out the door and now have to think why not the Ponderosa,

OK it is cheap, but it is further away from the clubbing area than the others mentioned, if you check the reviews, which often can be taken with a pinch of salt because some twonks blame the hotel if the weather wasn´t as good as they thought it would be, or the sand was the wrong colour, but in this case 101 people out of 305 saying it is TERRIBLE and only 14 saying it was Excellent can´t all be wrong. I also seem to remember that many of the issues were because the staff were 'rude' I think actually this is more language problem because not many Brits stay there the travellers are mainly German, French and E European. And for me it is one of the older hotels around so high-rise which I personally don´t like. There are better around probably for the same price, you just have to know where to look.

redqueenmusings.wordpress.com

west mids
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

Hi ive just cum back from my stag do in a party of 22 we stayed at the ponderosa and it was spot On! We were all inclusive for 5 days the whole trip with flights cost £290, the hotel had everything u need a bed, shower, and a pool! Food wasnt any good but the beer was! It was a 10 min walk to veronicas so the location was good! All in all if u want a cheap decent hotel the ponderosa is fine, dont listen to tripadvisor! Wudnt take the wife there but for the lads u cant fault it!

6. Re: Flights for Stag Do booked for 12 of us but which Hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas