We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many euros to bring?

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How many euros to bring?

Hiya me and a friend are comming to Playa de las Americas on the 12th, we have booked Half board, how many euros do you think we will need for 5-10 pints a day, an afternoon snack and maybe a excursion or two

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many euros to bring?

If drinking lager, a pint can be as little as 1 euro for local lager, bitter is much more expensive at around 3.50 euro.

Snacks, depending where you go can be roughly 2.50 to 3 euros for, say, egg and chips.

Excursions, all depends where you want to go, Tenerifesunshine seems to get good reviews on TA, their website will give some ideas of prices.

Hope this helps.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston super Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,850 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many euros to bring?

Hi, I would agree with Mapaly. We find Tenerife cheaper than in the UK. You can have Menu Del Dia, menu of the day, 3 course meal including a drink fro 7€, or Chinese buffet from 6€.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many euros to bring?

Depends a lot on where in PDLA you drink ,there are bars with daily drinks offers on ,evenings often happy hours .As said a pint of local stuff can be found from 1 Euro a pint ...i noticed VIVOS where doing a pint of Boddingtons at 3 euros and this was all day every day on our last visit .Seem to recall The Travellers Rest doing some good prices too .

Often snacks arent very much different to a meal ,so it depends on what you feel you need at the time .I would go along with the prices the others are quoting .I like a salad or a toastie usually from 2 .50 euros .

Excursions ....i like friends and family always use Tenerife Sunshine ,a well established company and fully bonded ,heres a link on which is "Live Chat" so you can get more details etc if required........

www.tenerifesunshine.com

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many euros to bring?

I'd average the beers at about 2.5 euros! This way you've got all bases covered as quite often before 6pm lots of places do cheap beers, then after 6 they go up and I'm guessing you'll be doing most of the drinking at night! Pints can be dearer down by Veronicas strip but you usually get shots thrown in!

Toasties or burger and chips etc are about 2-4 euros so good prices all round!

I usually have a big breakfast about mid day with a pint of beer and it only costs 3 euros and that includes the beer! I thinks thats in the Aberdeen Angus bar!

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many euros to bring?

Found a couple of bars doing beer for 95 cents in los cristianos and most are around 1.50 for a pint. Few good bars in San Telmo with a great view and cheap beer. Watch out for their cocktails which are 2 for 5 Euros and are potent.

cheshire
Level Contributor
996 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many euros to bring?

name the cheap bars please.

tracey

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,548 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many euros to bring?

Have a look on the sea front walking from the Olive Garden towards the port ,quite a few along there doing it at 95 cents /1 euro

Falkirk, Scotland...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many euros to bring?

I went a couple of years ago with pals at an all-inclusive hotel and blew over 600 euros in 7 days....

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many euros to bring?

Bars in San Telmo, are Players lounge, North and South. Cheap food and drinks with a great view.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many euros to bring?

Bars in San Telmo, are Players lounge, North and South. Cheap food and drinks with a great view.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas