We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andorra Apartments

Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Andorra Apartments

Hi,

I'm due to stay at Andorra Apartments in just under a weeks time. It was a suprise birthday present from my partner so I know very little about the hotel and surrounding area. We are staying on a b&b basis and traveling with my 4 year old son.

What will the rooms include?

Is smoking allowed on the balcony of your room?

Are towels provided?

Are you able to buy bottled water within the hotel?

Is there anything near to the hotel for children such as playground area?

Please tell me your experiences too :)

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andorra Apartments

Cant help with the apartments themselves ...

But the area........if you turn right out of the hotel (basing this on the main entrance on the corner) you then go past the side of Parque La Paz hotel., next walkway off to the right leads you on to the "Paz Strip" ,this is an area of bars to suit families .Its more about taking a walk looking at what entertainment each is offering and what suits you .

If you carry on down the road without turning down the walk way ,you will then come to a junction where The Safari Shopping Centre splits left and right .The Safari Centre has some excellent shopping ,but also if you turn right at the junction and on the last section of shops you will see the fountains .On an evening it becomes a bit of a show at various times >Dancing Fountains and Light Display< lots of oohs and aahs for little ones ,nice back drop for some photos !

Now if you turn Left at the Safari Junction ,over the road you will see Compostello Beach Apartments ,then Vista Sur a small shopping centre EITHER head through the shopping centre keeping left of the waterfall feature OR skirt left of the centre its self and head down the ramp PLAYA LAS VISTAS opens out in front of you IMO the best beach in the area .From Andorra Apts to the beach 8 mins approx , Andorra to The Paz Strip 3 mins ,to the Safari Centre 4/5 mins ....a really great area .

Childrens park ...there is one just down the road ,asa you come out on the corner ,over the road is The Zentral Centre Hotel just after which is the park ....there is a skateboard park here to ,so if Little Man Or Partner if he fancies showing off!) has a skateboard the park is free

Supermarket ...personally because of selection and it being one of the cheapest chains on Tenerife head for Mercadonnas .

Route with your apartments AND the Zentral centre hotel at your back cross straight over to the road with gardened areas on both sides .Head up the road till you come to CC Abora and a large electrical store on the corner ,here turn right and its just over the road ,you wont see it ,only the entrance and stairs or lift down .NOW A WARNING (LOL)....when you have paid > MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK UP THE STAIRS OF LIFT !!< ......as you can come out onto street level straight from the tills BUT you will have a real job finding your way back !!!!!!

Telling you this as i omitted it in a post once and got a real ear bending as the person got well and truely lost !!!lol

Andorra to Mercadonnas is about 6 mins walk .

Buying Cigarettes or Spirits either for use there OR to take home ......turn left ( you should see The Optomist hotel in front of you and The Vulcano hotel then The Best Tenerife Hotel after which on the left is a store called " Spanish Style" .....these stores are usually the cheapest around ( but always check other places ) But here you wont have to worry about it being the real stuff and not Fake !

Hope this helps ,heard some good comments about Andorra here on TA .And as said i dont think there is a better area to stay in PDLA .

Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andorra Apartments

Wow thank you very much for your reply, I will print this off and take with me. Looks like my boyfriend has chose an excellent area for us to visit.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Andorra Apartments

the apartments are well placed just have a little walk around.check out the reviews on tripadviser,.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Andorra Apartments

OLNF its time you rote that guid book for tnf

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Andorra Apartments

If you print it off ,then at Arrivals in Tenerife look out for the leaflet distributors ( They Are NOT trying to sell you something !) especially a company called Tenerife Pearl ,in and amongst they give out are maps of the hotels these are a great way of finding your way round .Then you can see from the print off and the map where things are .Everyone seems to give directions by using hotels ,a bit like here in the UK its Pubs .

Beach as said Playa Las Vistas once on the sea front ,facing the sea from Vista Sur head left ,its a 20 min flat walk into Los Cris ,once through the port tunnel all its shops ,bars and restaurants spill out beyond .So you have the advantage of two very different resorts .

San Telmo is an area sited above Playa Las Vistas,tiered up from beach level to the road .Heres a link to bars and restaurants just to tempt you prior to going ,it helps get the feel of the area ......

http://www.ccsantelmo.com/eng/shops.hml

If you, boyfriend ,and Little man like to watch Surfing ,if the waves are right head for the beach area behind Parque Santiago3 Apartments ,,,turn right at the Safari Centre Junction over the road you will pass Mediterranean Palace hotel ,then the threatre > Piramides de Arona<and next is Parque Santiago 3 hea down the foot path just before it .

Yes a pat on the back for the boyfriend as said excellent area ,just hope the hotel is as good as i have read .

If your planning trips out ,the company myself ,family and friends always use is Tenerife Sunshine an excellent reputable company ,and fantastic staff heres a link to whats on offer ,it also has " Live Chat " if you want to know more

www.tenerifesunshine.com

Not sure if Andorra have entertaiment on but this place is a 20 min walk away which may suit you all VIVOS.Marc Craig is an excellent singer ,with song sheets of old to new,soul to rock etc etc its a free show and drinks really are very fair .(remember...spirits arent measured in Tenerife !!) Right next to where Marc sings is a childrens play area ,it is 3 euros per day come and go as you please no charge for adults .Heres a link to see if its for you

http://vivotreasureisland.com/

Also ( dont quote me on this ) i read here on TA the hotel next to you Parque La Paz allow people in to the hotel on an evening to have a drink and watch their entertainment , i would check with their reception first ,rather than just wander in just in case its not true

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Andorra Apartments

Lol ..just saw your post Scorch ,to busy i'm afraid !!LOL

southport
Level Contributor
745 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Andorra Apartments

Stayed at this hotel a few times at newyear and it is lovely, hotel rooms are great and place is spotless and staff were great, also great location you will love it i promise you just enjoy.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Andorra Apartments

Can you answer any of the question BBoy for Sazzle about the hotel ......please

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Andorra Apartments

in answer to your questions

rooms are basic, but clean and tidy

i don't smoke, but i believe you can smoke on the balcony#

bath towels were changed twice a week

dont' know about water i used to use the shop under the rose marie apts, out of apts, turn left on the corner shop underground, great fresh bread as well

for kids there'a a new park up over the road from the marola portosin, (see the map olnf has give you) our grandkids loved this, look at the map, out of your apts turn left cross over the road, and there is a walkway here, on this side of the road, and in the middle there is a play area here, for kids, it's about 2 euros a hour, not the best but somewhere to take the kids. (it's at the back of the zentral central hotel) which isn't on the map, but is recognised as that big yellow square beginning with O...... M....... (not got me glasses on)

then there is vivos, it's 3 euros a day for the kids at the back, it's worth it for the kids, but as adults you will see it's the pits..........but kids don't see this, we had to turn the pedalos the right way up in the pool, clean stuff, work stuff.............but like i say for 3 euros it's worth it, but dont' expect the ritz.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Andorra Apartments

>>>>> see the map ONLF has given you <<<<< .....>>>> Big yellow square beginning with O...M..( not got my glasses on ) <<<< .......LOL you would need a blinking good pair of binoculars to see it !!! I havent given one , not sure if i should send you to "Spec Savers " or the doctors for becoming delusional ! LOL

Glad someone else knows of the RoseMarie Apts at the side of Andorra Apts (, i was told there is no such place after someone got upset by me giving directions after them !!) But also just over the road there is a supermarket under The Zentral Centre Hotel ...so if its just water or other daily bits i suppose prices would be fine .But still Mercadonnas if your doing a big shop .

O....M... i cant make it out when i have looked at the map link ( when i have actually given it !!!LOL) either but its The Music School

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations