We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

Hello,

Currently looking around at holidays for about the middle of June...hopefully not in half term as going as a couple. We would like to be somewhere near Playa de las Americas because of all the attractions but I am a bit worried it will be mega busy. Does anyone know if it will be busy around this time and if so is there anywhere near abouts so we can easily commute there but still has nice beaches etc?

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

Hi

I cannot advise as to the best place to stay but as for it being "mega busy" the answer is no, it will be busy as Tenerife is an all year round destination but will not be as crowded as it will once the school holidays start. You should have both good daytime and night temps {with daytime one SHOULD be around mid to high 20's or even low 30's and low to mid 20's after dark}. I am sure other that know the area will be able to advise as to the best choice for your stay but below is a link to a map of many of the hotels in the south to give you an idea as to location ect. Each square on the map takes about 10 mins to walk so should be handy once your hotel is sorted :0)

tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.…

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

June is a great time to be in or around PDLA ,busy but not over crowded .If you look at the map link given by SH1 imo the very best beach in the area is Playa Las Vistas in square E9 this is long and golden sand .But you have many different options from Sand ,to pebbles ,to rocks ,to sanded beaches with Grassed verges and those used by the local surfers so really its down to the sort that suits you all with in easy walking distance .

I think in PDLA if you look at hotels / apartments in square D8 or those on its boarders are the better part of PDLA ,you can get to all the nearby entertainment areas easily without having the noise issues from them.

The Safari Centre now bigger than the map link shows is also on your doorstep ,with shops from designers like Armani ,Versace,Boss ,La Coste to the more affordable ZARAS,Springfield,Stradavarious and just a short walk from there to Mango ,Bershka, Pull And Bear .

You dont say which type of Board option eg ,Self Catering ,Half Board ,Bed and Breakfast,All Inclusive OR Hotel or Apartments which will help your post and members to suggest .

The Parque Santiago complexs 3,4,or 5 are well favoured with couples more so 3 ,also Colon2 .If you dont mind the 18/30s crowd and the problems from that age group eg ,late night noise then lots choose Piramides and The Columbus but avoid them if you dont think these are for you

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

I have always used the 4 star Bitacora hotel in PDLA - great food, close enough to both Playa Las Vistas and Playa De Troya , and easy walking to all the night life. Booking direct with the Springhotels.com website means free taxi transfers too.

london
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

Hi looking at your reply and hope you can help me out. We normally go to paraiso royal rental appartments but the manager has now left and most of the app and studios hav e been Sold to a property agency. Have you any ideas or have you heard of the complex its above Leonardos and all the shops. If you can help me find other rentals please let me know . Thankyou.

5. Re: Tenerife holiday - near Playa de las Americas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas