We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Churches in Playa de las Americas

Sevenoaks, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
326 reviews
Save Topic
Churches in Playa de las Americas

I have heard that there is a new family church in Las Americas. Has anyone been there? What is it like

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

I haven't heard anything. And there is nothing i can see on the churches websites.

What is a family church?

I would imagine it would be like all other churches a place of worship.

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

Here are times of times and venues of services which may interest you. Have not been to any of their services, so cannot make any opinion or judgement.

Tenerife Family Church: Tenerife Best Hotel, Playa de Las Americas: Every Sunday at 11am.

Tenerife Family Church: Living Room, above Burger King, opposite Veronicas, Playa de Las Americas. Services: Every Sunday at 6pm & prayer meeting at 2.30pm on Friday.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

<<Tenerife Family Church: Living Room, above Burger King, opposite Veronicas, Playa de Las Americas. Services: Every Sunday at 6pm & prayer meeting at 2.30pm on Friday.>>

wow i never knew that,

well i would never of had stringfellows down as a family church...........

still don't know the difference between a family church and a normal church.?

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

Hint of mockery, post 3 - as it says on the sign above Burger KIng "Living Room-Christian Family Centre"

Edited: 4:44 am, February 15, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

as i said 'wow i never knew that'

i though stringfellows was above. would never have thought a church was nextdoor to a strip club.

I will look our for that sign in a few weeks then

btw what is the difference between a family church and a normal church?

glasgow
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

In its broadest terms a family church can congregate anywhere, hotel suite, house front room, office suites, etc., whereas a normal church, congregations meet in chapels, cathedrals, churches etc.

Hartford Institute give excellent breakdown on Family Church.

P.S. The Family Church is not next door to the strip club, it is on the floor above, as in God looking down from above.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

I dont do Churches ,but thats me ......but i have just read this post for something to do .And i remember seeing "The Living Room " and heard of its deeds whilst over on my last trip ,and its all very commendable .So i really do take my hat off to them and what they do .PRs at Veronicas / Starcos and infact Vivos where given gifts at Christmas ,some of these PRs earn very little so i would assume the gifts where most welcome .Let alone all the help they give to others in need (Doffs his hat )

Hopefully this link will work (with me though i wont hold my breath !)# IT WORKS!!! wont say Praise Be ......

http://www.thelivingroom.es/

Think many miss this place as it does serve alcohol ,or do bingo ! Other miss it trying to get past the strip clubs PRs!!!

Edited: 7:21 am, February 15, 2013
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,644 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

just looked at that link

You know i've walked past that place more than 40 times a year and never noticed this. or even that sign, i'll have a look in a couple of weeks.

Mind you i've not looked up for it, because i just thought it was stringfellows and playa chill out flora that was up there.

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
12,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

Me Too ,it want until this last Christmas i saw a local paper with photos of the Vivo Prs and people from the church handing out gifts .........

Last visit alone must have gone past 42 plus times !!!

Its great work these people do

10. Re: Churches in Playa de las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
Recent Conversations