We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late check out..

Which Playa de las Americas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Late check out..

Hi

Going to Tenerife for the first time this year after having to cancel last year! I am booked for Parque Santiago iv. On the day we leave to go back home our flight isn't until 21:10 at night. Has anyone ever asked to keep their room open a bit later and how much it cost please? or even if their is a courtesy room? Nothing worse than being kicked out at midday and having to wait around. Thanks in advance

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,879 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late check out..

Most places have somewhere to store your suitcases for you so that you can still make the most of your time on holiday. Perhaps worth emailing them to ask this question. I personally wouldn't bother asking about keeping the room for the day as this will work out rather expensive.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late check out..

I have done before. Most hotels have been able to oblige - for a cost. - I think last time was £20 or so? It can be worth it to avoid having to fly home all sweaty and sandy from a day at the beach.

I think the courtesy rooms are free to use - lock away your cases. I guess you can shower and change at the pool area/bathrooms?

I usually try and get day flights now though. I like to just get up and go.

As Daisy says - email the hotel directly and find out from them what the facilities are.

Enjoy your holiday.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late check out..

thanks. I was just thinking more along the lines of being able to sunbathe and then grab a shower. Trying to squeeze as much tanning time in as possible ha ha

Glasgow
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late check out..

cheers annie, nothing worse than sitting in the sweltering heat all day in the clothes you are wearing to fly back in lol. I'll see if i can send them an email. Most of the Glasgow flights seem to be night ones these days, I was the same going to lanzarote last year.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late check out..

I wouldn't bother e mail them they wouldn't be able to tell u until the day u depart,depends how busy they are,u will get a Curtisy room to shower & change,I've had a lot of night flight at diff times of years I ask every time to keep the room on & not once have I managed too?? It will cost a lot more than £20 too I'm afraid!!

liverpool
Level Contributor
222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late check out..

Not sure about about santiago 4,stayed in santiago 3 in june last year.

They dont have a courtesy room or anywhere to shower.Wife and daughter had to use toilets in reception to wash and change before leaving for airport.

Callao Salvaje...
Level Contributor
51 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late check out..

These are apartments. To ensure you could stay in the whole day you could have booked an extra day, as you have a late flight.

There will probably be others guests arriving same day so the cleaners will need to get the apt ready. So you will need to be out.

My advice, you should book until the next day if you have a late flight or book an earlier flight.

liverpool
Level Contributor
222 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Late check out..

Good advise TenerifeLivin.But i think that would only be possible if you book apartments and flight seperately.Not sure that would work if you book a package holiday.

Callao Salvaje...
Level Contributor
51 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Late check out..

Indeed would be interesting to know as I am familiar with these apts.

I am guessing, mohGlasgow..did you book your flights and accommodation separately ?

I would say you did.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Late check out..

have a look on

travelrepublic

alpharooms

lowcostholidays

and search for booking 1 night (your last day) sometimes we have done this and it works out much cheaper than booking and waiting to book direct with the apts themselves.

Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas